PC auto shutdown its self when ever it boot into windows

Hi,
Appreciate if anyone can help on this...
I'm using windows xp pro... everytime i log on to the windows, it
immediately pop up a command prompt windows and execute the shutdown
command to shutdown my pc..
is this a virus? pls help...

--
danieloccPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Boot to Safe Mode, and remove it from startup

Go to Start/Run, and type MSCONFIG then look at the STARTUP TAB, to uncheck unwanted, checked items

--
Mark L. Ferguson