TweakUI XP PowerToy Defaults

Is there a way to re-set the TweakUI settings to their default setting? A ton
of things have been changed since I installed it, and some seem to be causing
problems (such as Group Policy changes), and I'd like to re-set it. If I
uninstall it, will all settings go back to default? If I uninstall, then
reinstall it, will the reinstall automatically be at default?

If you want to reply to me privately, please send to wpfloor(remove
this)@pathbroadband.com

No in all cases.

TweakUI makes changes directly to the registry keys. Unless you backed
up the specific registry keys being changed, made a registry backup, have
system restore points, have system backups or have some type a registry
monitoring software with restore capability before these changes are made,
you have what you have.

To get back to original defaults, you'll either need to compare, key by
key, setting by setting with a machine having the same hardware/software, or
perform a "clean" installation, reinstalling windows and all applications.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"Bill F" <BillF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to re-set the TweakUI settings to their default setting? A
> ton
> of things have been changed since I installed it, and some seem to be
> causing
> problems (such as Group Policy changes), and I'd like to re-set it. If I
> uninstall it, will all settings go back to default? If I uninstall, then
> reinstall it, will the reinstall automatically be at default?
>
> If you want to reply to me privately, please send to wpfloor(remove
> this)@pathbroadband.com

Not what I wanted to hear, of course, but am grateful for your clear and
insightful response.
Bill F