Wireless router recommendation

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
April 26, 2004 9:38:37 PM

Hi all,

I am looking for a wireless router with integrated printserver. Has anyone
out there got any recommendations as to which one I should set my sights on?

Or perhaps I should just settle on upgrading my excisting router with a
seperate printserver? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Tony
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 27, 2004 2:03:14 AM

"Tony" <frosties@tiscali.no(X)> wrote in

> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for a wireless router with integrated printserver. Has
> anyone out there got any recommendations as to which one I should set
> my sights on?

As far as price goes, the SMC SMC2804WBRP-G looks to be one of the cheapest
11g router / usb print server combos.

> Or perhaps I should just settle on upgrading my excisting router with
> a seperate printserver? Any thoughts?

As far as dedicated print servers go, I've always liked HP JetDirect print
servers.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF02a/18972-236...

For home use, I'd consider something like the SMC, provided I can the
printer and router close to each other. I'm not sure how long a USB cable
can be.

For business use, or if I needed the printer in another room from the
router, then I'd look at getting the HP JetDirect.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 27, 2004 6:24:02 AM

Draytek Vigor 2600G has a built in printserver, excellent modem/router/wifi
with all the features, but not cheapest.
Also HP sells printer(s) with built in wifi server.
Regards,
Martin
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 28, 2004 7:20:17 AM

I have a USRobotics 8022 wireless router for sale if you're interested. It
has a printer port and a serial port for a external modem to be connected to
in case the high speed goes down. I get good range and fast browsing with
it. I want to upgrade to the 8054 in which I will lose the printer port :(

Otherwise, Linksys makes a 11mb router that has a printer port installed but
no serial port. If you're interested in USRobotics I have for sale, I can
send you a pic. Send email to housej55@yahoo.com

!