Wireless router recommendation

Hi all,

I am looking for a wireless router with integrated printserver. Has anyone
out there got any recommendations as to which one I should set my sights on?

Or perhaps I should just settle on upgrading my excisting router with a
seperate printserver? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Tony
3 answers Last reply
More about wireless router recommendation

    "Tony" <frosties@tiscali.no(X)> wrote in

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am looking for a wireless router with integrated printserver. Has
    > anyone out there got any recommendations as to which one I should set
    > my sights on?

    As far as price goes, the SMC SMC2804WBRP-G looks to be one of the cheapest
    11g router / usb print server combos.

    > Or perhaps I should just settle on upgrading my excisting router with
    > a seperate printserver? Any thoughts?

    As far as dedicated print servers go, I've always liked HP JetDirect print
    servers.

    http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF02a/18972-236253-64302.html

    For home use, I'd consider something like the SMC, provided I can the
    printer and router close to each other. I'm not sure how long a USB cable
    can be.

    For business use, or if I needed the printer in another room from the
    router, then I'd look at getting the HP JetDirect.

    Draytek Vigor 2600G has a built in printserver, excellent modem/router/wifi
    with all the features, but not cheapest.
    Also HP sells printer(s) with built in wifi server.
    Regards,
    Martin

    I have a USRobotics 8022 wireless router for sale if you're interested. It
    has a printer port and a serial port for a external modem to be connected to
    in case the high speed goes down. I get good range and fast browsing with
    it. I want to upgrade to the 8054 in which I will lose the printer port :(

    Otherwise, Linksys makes a 11mb router that has a printer port installed but
    no serial port. If you're interested in USRobotics I have for sale, I can
    send you a pic. Send email to housej55@yahoo.com

    "Tony" <frosties@tiscali.no(X)> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am looking for a wireless router with integrated printserver. Has anyone
    > out there got any recommendations as to which one I should set my sights
    on?

    > Or perhaps I should just settle on upgrading my excisting router with a
    > seperate printserver? Any thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Tony

Wireless Router Wireless Internet Wireless Networking