xp doesn't recognize dvd burner although computer does

After working fine on a new install of dvd burner, xp sp2 quit recognizing
the new dvd burner and previously installed reader. I have uninstalled the
two devices then rebooted. During reboot, xp recognizes new hardware but
does not correctly identify either. Rest of computer works fine. Help
please!
3 answers Last reply
More about doesn recognize burner computer does

    Hi there,

    To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend you download and install a patch
    from here:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts/xp_cd_dvd_fix.vbs

    Usage: Download the file to your computer and double-click to install.
    Norton anti-virus software might warn you of a "malicious" script, this is
    normal if you have "Script Safe" or similar technology enabled. I recommend
    you to choose "Allow entire script" option next Action.

    --
    HTH
    Venkatesh

    "" wrote:
    > After working fine on a new install of dvd burner, xp sp2 quit
    > recognizing
    > the new dvd burner and previously installed reader. I have
    > uninstalled the
    > two devices then rebooted. During reboot, xp recognizes new
    > hardware but
    > does not correctly identify either. Rest of computer works
    > fine. Help
    > please!

    And who said SP2 didnt brake any thing :P.

    I carnt surgest much, i would surgest try only having one pluged in at
    a time, and see if that works, other wise it sound like another
    windows randomness problem.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-xp-recognize-dvd-burner-computer-ftopict550740.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1744591

DVD Burner Computers Windows XP