Boot Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradut

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
A few days ago I opened a thread asking for help with a boot password that was automatically set. I was turned down saying that they can't help with passwords. I don't know if this will change anything, but here is a direct quote from Toshiba

"The computer models listed above may display a “Password =” prompt when the computer is turned on, even though no power-on password has been set. If this happens, there is no password that will satisfy the password request. If the computer is turned off and back on again, it is very likely that the same password prompt will appear. The computer will be unusable until this problem is fixed.

If the problem has not happened yet, you can prevent it from happening in the future by upgrading the BIOS to the newest version.

The occurrence of this problem on any particular computer is unpredictable — it may never happen, but it could happen any time that the computer is turned on. If this problem does occur, it will be necessary to send the computer to a Toshiba Authorized Service Provider, who will fix the problem at no charge to you."

Unfortunately this offer expired in 2010. Can anybody help now?

Previous thread
"http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=35&post=84366&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts