I'm planning on buying a laptop either later today, or sometime this week (My old one burned out so it's time to stop looking at start buying I guess.)
I would have pulled the trigger had I not found so many that fit what I *think* I need as such I turn to you guys to help me single it out, or find a better solution.
If you've got a better suggestion from somewhere other than newegg, I'll hear it. I really only use the egg for the 2day shipping, and considering I have to pay taxes (Being in California and all) it's not that great of a bargain to use them anymore anyway.
I'm really only looking at this over the MSI because of the extra 250GB space. I don't know how much faster 7200 is over 5400... So getting less space just wasn't something I liked. I didn't care much for the tablet, but figured it'd make a good gift at Christmas if I went with this one.
I don't know this company, seen a bunch of their *custom* builds on Newegg, but never seen many reviews. Makes me a bit hesitant. I did like the look of it, and if this is a good deal for $1350 I'd be all over it. It does seem pricy however, and the SSD isn't a huge seller for me as I can put one in the DVD drive of another laptop later right?
Really just another $1000+ option. Is 250GB less of space worth sacrificing for the 7200RPM speed?
I filled this out just in case someone thought they could point me at a laptop that was better.
1. What is your budget? Up to $1550 including tax+shipping. I'd rather not spend that much in all honesty, but I can go that high.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Any, as long as it's a laptop I can move from place to place.
3. What screen resolution do you want? 1920x1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Just one for gaming while at work really.
5. How much battery life do you need? Doesn't matter.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? PlanetSide 2, World of Tanks, Civilization V, Saints Row 3, Dota 2, and BF3
Medium or High. I'd really settle for either, but don't want to game with horrible FPS.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) None really.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 750GB at least, more is better.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Newegg mainly, but I'm willing to go anywhere for the best deal.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3 years or more would be nice.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc? I really don't need any of these. I just want the drive so I can pop in an SSD at some point.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I will buy any brand.
13. What country do you live in? California, USA (So tax is a big factor)
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. All posted above.