Crossfire and surround gaming

gungholen

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2005
I know that nVidia SLI is no good at all for surround gaming, and I have great expectations for the Crossfire Chipset and Gfx cards. However, no test I'm aware of has been published (only a show off with Shuttle HTPC and 4 screens, and some vague descriptions on the ATI web). Does anyone know anything about this issue? I would like to see a real life test with a typical surround gaming scenario, testing the most popular games like IL2, CFS, LOMAC, BF2, JointOps etc, using a WS center screen and lcd screens left and right...
It's about time the Parhelia can rest in piece as this is the only true SG card (but rather crappy one though) out there...
To bad to cash out $2000 in equipment just to realize it doesn't work as expected in terms of SG :D

True surround gaming not supported, still only Matrox Parhelia territory.

Spanning however is supported, and it's actually also supported on nV cards (some would argue they do it better).

I agree though Surround Gaming is perfect for these!

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internët account)</i> ! - <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com/" target="_new"><font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil: