1. What is your budget?
$1000 (Roughly £650, im from the UK as well as that may make a difference)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
I've heard that anything less than 1920x1080 is poor and i shouldn't settle for it, so ill stand by that unless someone can provide some arguments to the contrary.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portability isn't a problem at all, it is not a desktop replacement either.
5. How much battery life do you need?
The most my budget can buy.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes it will be used for some moderate to high gaming, games such as Call of Duty (later versions), Skyrim and Battlefield. Preferably i would want them to be running smoothly at 50fps or so at medium settings.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I do use photoshop but just for fun. I will be watching a lot of HD movies.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
250GB would be the baseline
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2 years would be the approximation at the least
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM/Writer is the only one i need.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
My ask in relation to my budget may be a tall order, please just say so if it is. Any recommendations nonetheless would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
It's got good specs, and it's real value for money. It has a 15.6 inch screen, but the resolution is 1920x1080. It's got a 3rd gen core i7 processor with 8GB RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce 660M 2GB graphics card, which will manage all the games you want to play pretty well. It's average price is $1,000. But i've seen it for $990 and $1,100. So look hard and find the right place to buy it. Good luck
Thanks for the reply Labrynthian! I've had a look around at places where I can get it delivered to a UK address but i havent been successful in finding the same model under £1000 which is ~$1600. Would anyone be able to locate a UK version of this model with the same specifications?
Based on all these links, it's prtty clear that the lenovo Y580 falls well in your budget. So, as I said earlier, it's a really good buy and will suit your needs in terms of gaming and performance, so go for it