windows/system32/config/system got the error, now in safe ..

Hello! Ok i got the icky windows\system32\config\system corrupt error - Pfft
and coudlnt boot to windows. I was however able to boot into safe mode which
is where I am now. Ok, my question is this: Is there a way to fix the config
without having to do a system restore? Copy from Command Prompt or? Id love
to know the exact instructions of what to do to resolve this without doing
system restores when this happens. This has happened before sigh..
Thanks a million for any help!!
--
My PC & Me = Tranquility...
Until the Power Goes Out

    Milk-Chan wrote:
    > Hello! Ok i got the icky windows\system32\config\system corrupt error - Pfft
    > and coudlnt boot to windows. I was however able to boot into safe mode which
    > is where I am now. Ok, my question is this: Is there a way to fix the config
    > without having to do a system restore? Copy from Command Prompt or? Id love
    > to know the exact instructions of what to do to resolve this without doing
    > system restores when this happens. This has happened before sigh..
    > Thanks a million for any help!!

    How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from
    Starting
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

    Once you've recovered, you might want to look here, as well:

    How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822705

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Hi there,

    You may like to visit the site below:
    http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how_do_i_repair_a_missing_or_cor1.htm

    --
    HTH
    Venkatesh
    "Milk-Chan" <MilkChan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello! Ok i got the icky windows\system32\config\system corrupt error -
    Pfft
    > and coudlnt boot to windows. I was however able to boot into safe mode
    which
    > is where I am now. Ok, my question is this: Is there a way to fix the
    config
    > without having to do a system restore? Copy from Command Prompt or? Id
    love
    > to know the exact instructions of what to do to resolve this without doing
    > system restores when this happens. This has happened before sigh..
    > Thanks a million for any help!!
    > --
    > My PC & Me = Tranquility...
    > Until the Power Goes Out

    ive had the same problem but my computer wont allow me to enter safe mode
    also my operating system came pre-installed on the computer so i have no disk
    can someone please help me!!

Configuration System32 Windows XP