Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Asus broken LCD

Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
November 13, 2012 8:29:25 PM

My beautiful 6months old ASUS U56E-RBL6 laptop screen cracked for no reason. No accident of any kind but it just cracked. Where in NYC can I get the LCD replaced and about how much will it cost me. No Geek squad, they charged me $150 to remove virus. Pl help.
Thanks.

More about : asus broken lcd

a b D Laptop
November 13, 2012 8:48:39 PM

If it's only 6 months old, why not have the warranty fix it?
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 464 D Laptop
November 13, 2012 11:06:38 PM

Because a crack is normally considered "user error" rather than something that failed under warranty.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b D Laptop
November 14, 2012 4:57:38 PM

Hi Jaminet,

My name is Scott Billings, I work at Asus' Customer Loyalty group. While jaguarskx is correct, and this sort of thing is typically considered CID (Customer Induced Damage), given that it's such a new unit if you wanted to send it in for repair, I could waive the labor fee for you, leaving you responsible for only the cost of the parts.

If you would like to take me up on that offer send me a PM or email (email is probably going to be faster on the whole, but your choice) and I'll collect some particulars from you to set it up.
November 14, 2012 5:58:19 PM

As an observer and past ASUS customer, let me just say, "wow." Think you just earned my future PC business.
m
l
a c 249 D Laptop
November 14, 2012 9:55:57 PM

jjhuang42 said:
As an observer and past ASUS customer, let me just say, "wow." Think you just earned my future PC business.

Hi :) 

That depends how much the screen costs even without labour... a screen only takes around 30 minutes to change and a 15.6 costs trade around £30 to £35...

If Asus charge a ridiculous amount... say over £50 or $80 ...its not a good deal...

And my laptop repair company changes hundreds of screens a year...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
November 15, 2012 2:59:45 AM

jjhuang42 said:

Yes, isn't that great! By BTW, I'm buying the Asus vivobook for $500 from best buy.
m
l
December 4, 2012 1:54:32 PM

My Asus laptop was repaired and sent back to me without paying a penny. Thank you Scott billings!! And thank you Asus!!
m
l
December 4, 2012 1:56:10 PM

Best answer selected by Jaminet.
m
l
!