cams in cell

are the picture taken with the cam in the cell are good or poor? like is it
worth too buy a cell with the cam feature.

i was told by the salesman that the pc cable cell to pc is 75$ ??? gimme a
break, im shure we can buy that cable else were for less then that no?
6 answers Last reply
More about cams cell

    True, I have had a Nokia 6230 for a while now and have only taken a
    couple of photos even though the 6230 has a pretty good camera for a
    phone (lots of others are worse).

    I do use the FM radio and MP3 function a lot, when I am in transit or
    just walking around. Considering how many people wear an IPOD as well
    as carry a phone I think this is a useful feature in a cell phone that
    reduces the amount of junk you are carrying around so less likely to
    lose your IPOD or have it stolen.

    gamer wrote:

    > are the picture taken with the cam in the cell are good or poor? like is it
    > worth too buy a cell with the cam feature.

    Consider the size of the lens. (Very small). You won't get very good
    picture quality. But might still be useful now and then for souveri
    piuctures that don't need to last.

    Personally, I think that having a FM radio and walkman/MP3 in a phone is
    far more useful than a camera. In the bus, you only need to carry your
    phone and can listen to music from your phone.

    "gamer" <kamikaze27@sympatico.ca> wrote in

    > are the picture taken with the cam in the cell are good or poor? like
    > is it worth too buy a cell with the cam feature.

    they are 'poor'.

    they are all less than one megapixel, most are blurry, none have flash, few
    (if any) have zoom, and proper exposure doesn't even come into play.

    they are cool for snapping 'fun' things that are best kept on
    cellphones.... the 'photos' themselves are virtually unusable for anything
    even remotely important. thoroughly unprintable.

    One other thing. When your phone has a camera, you may not be able to
    bring it everywhere. Many gyms now prohibit such phones, and if you work
    at a bank, you may not be able to use your phone anywhere near areas
    that have printouts of customer information. (Especially sincyou can
    then email the picture and delete it from your phone to delete any
    evidence that you took the picture).

    On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:28:24 -0400, Matt <free@net.ru> wrote:

    >Most current cell phone have VGA camera, wich is equivalent to a 0.3
    >Megapixel. makes great thumbnails but awfull 6x8 photos, there are some
    >upcoming model with 1.3Mpx capacities (ex:SEricsson S700 / Nokia 6630)
    >but we are talking highend phone market... but you could wait untill may
    >20th and go with a Sony Ericsson K750I wich will sport a 2Mpx camera,
    >duo pro expendable memory up to 2Go, video playback and MP3 capacity.
    >as for cable and accesories, ebay is my premium source.
    >
    >http://www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-k750-en.shtml

    To get this phone to work with Fido all you'd have to do is swap your
    chip from your current phone to the K750, right?

    > they are all less than one megapixel, most are blurry, none have flash,
    > few
    > (if any) have zoom, and proper exposure doesn't even come into play.

    Sony Ericsson V800/802SE has a flash. *AND* it's a 3rd generation W-CDMA
    handset that supports video calls. But you have to live in Japan or the
    parts of Europe that have 3rd gen networks in place to use it...

    We're so far behind the rest of the world in terms of cell phone tech here
    in North America, it isn't funny. Unified standard, people. Come on. Get
    with the program already.

    Sorry... I digress. My girlfriend's in Japan at the moment. Her new phone
    does stuff I can only dream of, and she's the type who'll never use half the
    features. <end rant>

Fido Cable Internet Service Providers