uri

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

I'm having problems with the dos-prompt. If I try running the program in the
(alternate) 16-bit dos emulator ----via Command.com ---Start | Run | type
Command.com <enter>, what do I have to do, when I'm done with the dos program
to reset the computer?

If I create shortcuts to the dos-app executable & then run it by clicking on
that shortcut, how is that done and do I have to reset anything after I'm
done?

Thanks for any help you can give.

--
Uri

Byte

Once your done, at the blinking cursor type Exit and press Enter. That's all!
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"Uri" wrote:

> I'm having problems with the dos-prompt. If I try running the program in the
> (alternate) 16-bit dos emulator ----via Command.com ---Start | Run | type
> Command.com <enter>, what do I have to do, when I'm done with the dos program
> to reset the computer?
>
> If I create shortcuts to the dos-app executable & then run it by clicking on
> that shortcut, how is that done and do I have to reset anything after I'm
> done?
>
> Thanks for any help you can give.
>
> --
> Uri

In all reality though, you should run "cmd.exe" instead of "command.com" -
cmd.exe is a 32-bit command line interface that emulates 16-bit for 16-bit
programs, command.com on the other hand, is a 16-bit program, running a
16-bit interface, that loses much 32-bit error/interface functionality.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"