Problem with MS-Dos

I'm having problems with the dos-prompt. If I try running the program in the
(alternate) 16-bit dos emulator ----via Command.com ---Start | Run | type
Command.com <enter>, what do I have to do, when I'm done with the dos program
to reset the computer?

If I create shortcuts to the dos-app executable & then run it by clicking on
that shortcut, how is that done and do I have to reset anything after I'm
done?

Thanks for any help you can give.

--
Uri
2 answers Last reply

    Once your done, at the blinking cursor type Exit and press Enter. That's all!
    --
    Some days you're the windshield,
    some days you're the bug.

    "Uri" wrote:

    > I'm having problems with the dos-prompt. If I try running the program in the
    > (alternate) 16-bit dos emulator ----via Command.com ---Start | Run | type
    > Command.com <enter>, what do I have to do, when I'm done with the dos program
    > to reset the computer?
    >
    > If I create shortcuts to the dos-app executable & then run it by clicking on
    > that shortcut, how is that done and do I have to reset anything after I'm
    > done?
    >
    > Thanks for any help you can give.
    >
    > --
    > Uri

    In all reality though, you should run "cmd.exe" instead of "command.com" -
    cmd.exe is a 32-bit command line interface that emulates 16-bit for 16-bit
    programs, command.com on the other hand, is a 16-bit program, running a
    16-bit interface, that loses much 32-bit error/interface functionality.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    "Uri" <Uri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm having problems with the dos-prompt. If I try running the program in
    > the
    > (alternate) 16-bit dos emulator ----via Command.com ---Start | Run | type
    > Command.com <enter>, what do I have to do, when I'm done with the dos
    > program
    > to reset the computer?
    >
    > If I create shortcuts to the dos-app executable & then run it by clicking
    > on
    > that shortcut, how is that done and do I have to reset anything after I'm
    > done?
    >
    > Thanks for any help you can give.
    >
    > --
    > Uri