So I recently decided my old desktop isn't cutting my gaming needs ( it has a Nividia Geforce 6150SE nforce 430 graphics card, AMD Sempron processor Le1250 2.20GHz, a 2GB Memory(RAM), and running a 32-bit Operating system). Now I'm not that smart with computers but I think those are pretty low specs for a computer you want to play games on. It's struggles with the Sims 3 so bad that the game is hardly playable. I need advice on a laptop (between $700-$800) that i can get to play games on. I had my eye on a Sony Vaio E series laptob, but I'm not sure if i should get it. And advice would be amazing because i'm stumped. My aim is for something fast, powerful, and good graphics.
More about :buy good gaming laptop christmas budget 700 800
My bad. Didn't know I was supposed to fill this out. Forgive me, I'm new at this...
1. What is your budget? $700-$800
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Depends. Willing to compromise.
3. What screen resolution do you want? Not really good with Screen Res. But I guess a high one if I want good graphics right?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Both, but it being portable isn't a issue since it's staying in one place.
5. How much battery life do you need? At least 3hrs. i plan on leaving it plugged up for gaming sessions though.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Sims 3 [mid-high] World of Warcraft [mid-high] The rest are RPG's since i don't really play FPS's.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Photo and video editing for Youtube/facebook
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Alot. Enough to Handle the Sims and expansions and alot of save files for different Rpg's.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. I don't really know any since this is the first i am buying.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2+ years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? A DVD one I suppose...
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Sony Vaio E series because i heard it was good in the graphics/processor departments.
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I know I lack details, but I'm really new to this lol