trouble with CHM file after windows update

I have been running XP Pro SP2 for some time and have had no problem reading
compiled help files until I did a windows update last week (I only do these
once in a while). I can see the left pane, but the right pane just displays
This Page Cannot Be Displayed. Has anyone else run into this and found a way
around it?

Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about trouble file windows update

    I forgot to add that I see "Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer" at the bottom.

    "Universal Dilbert" wrote:

    > I have been running XP Pro SP2 for some time and have had no problem reading
    > compiled help files until I did a windows update last week (I only do these
    > once in a while). I can see the left pane, but the right pane just displays
    > This Page Cannot Be Displayed. Has anyone else run into this and found a way
    > around it?
    >
    > Thanks!

    MS05-026: A vulnerability in HTML Help could allow remote code execution:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896358

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Universal Dilbert" <UniversalDilbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:B5C8EFB2-ED88-485D-92CD-92E64F0F3D1E@microsoft.com...
    >I have been running XP Pro SP2 for some time and have had no problem
    >reading
    > compiled help files until I did a windows update last week (I only do
    > these
    > once in a while). I can see the left pane, but the right pane just
    > displays
    > This Page Cannot Be Displayed. Has anyone else run into this and found a
    > way
    > around it?
    >
    > Thanks!

    That worked! Thank you.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > MS05-026: A vulnerability in HTML Help could allow remote code execution:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896358
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, MS-MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    >
    > Windows XP Troubleshooting
    > http://www.winhelponline.com
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >
    > Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
    >

    > "Universal Dilbert" <UniversalDilbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:B5C8EFB2-ED88-485D-92CD-92E64F0F3D1E@microsoft.com...
    > >I have been running XP Pro SP2 for some time and have had no problem
    > >reading
    > > compiled help files until I did a windows update last week (I only do
    > > these
    > > once in a while). I can see the left pane, but the right pane just
    > > displays
    > > This Page Cannot Be Displayed. Has anyone else run into this and found a
    > > way
    > > around it?
    > >
    > > Thanks!

    You're welcome.

    --

    message news:A5667AB8-431D-4660-A59D-3F7F0A269BC1@microsoft.com...
    > That worked! Thank you.
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> MS05-026: A vulnerability in HTML Help could allow remote code execution:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896358
    >>
    >> --

Support Windows Update Microsoft Windows XP