trouble with CHM file after windows update

I have been running XP Pro SP2 for some time and have had no problem reading
compiled help files until I did a windows update last week (I only do these
once in a while). I can see the left pane, but the right pane just displays
This Page Cannot Be Displayed. Has anyone else run into this and found a way
around it?

Thanks!

I forgot to add that I see "Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer" at the bottom.

"Universal Dilbert" wrote:

> I have been running XP Pro SP2 for some time and have had no problem reading
> compiled help files until I did a windows update last week (I only do these
> once in a while). I can see the left pane, but the right pane just displays
> This Page Cannot Be Displayed. Has anyone else run into this and found a way
> around it?
>
> Thanks!

MS05-026: A vulnerability in HTML Help could allow remote code execution:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896358

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Universal Dilbert" <UniversalDilbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B5C8EFB2-ED88-485D-92CD-92E64F0F3D1E@microsoft.com...
>I have been running XP Pro SP2 for some time and have had no problem
>reading
> compiled help files until I did a windows update last week (I only do
> these
> once in a while). I can see the left pane, but the right pane just
> displays
> This Page Cannot Be Displayed. Has anyone else run into this and found a
> way
> around it?
>
> Thanks!

That worked! Thank you.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> MS05-026: A vulnerability in HTML Help could allow remote code execution:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896358
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>

> "Universal Dilbert" <UniversalDilbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:B5C8EFB2-ED88-485D-92CD-92E64F0F3D1E@microsoft.com...
> >I have been running XP Pro SP2 for some time and have had no problem
> >reading
> > compiled help files until I did a windows update last week (I only do
> > these
> > once in a while). I can see the left pane, but the right pane just
> > displays
> > This Page Cannot Be Displayed. Has anyone else run into this and found a
> > way
> > around it?
> >
> > Thanks!

You're welcome.