Comparing laptops for gaming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

webjunkie

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012

So what makes the last one a better model? I don't know what to really look for when choosing a laptop so I'm trying to understand what you guys look for to determine what makes it good.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
For "gaming" you need a dedicated graphics, card not one integrated or built in. Intel's built in is fine for non-gaming, like office or minesweeper. AMD's built in is much better, but still low end of modern games. A good dedicate card, while adding cost, weight, and draining battery, it needed for true gaming at modern resolutions and settings. Among those listed, the last one is has best dedicated video card.

Labrynthian

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012

You look at the processor, RAM and graphics card, when considering gaming. The processor is a i7, which is an ivy bridge processor deisgned to support gaming. The RAM, as I said is something you'll have to upgrade. 4GB RAM is very average, and you'll normally need more to game comfortably. Now days the average RAM is around 8GB. But RAM is easily upgraded, so no real problem there. Then the graphics card. The NVIDIA GeForce 650M is a decent card that will handle most games on medium settings. But it's still classified as a class 2 graphics card, which means it won't handle games on high settings without giving you lag/FPS problems. All in all, the last one is the best out of the options you've listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.