New PC, what leagues to run

Ok... So I decided to buy a new PC to play FM2005 in a decent way.

Specs:

AMD 3000+ 64bit
1024 Gig memory
200 Gig Serial Ata+ HDD
(+ the same external firewire/usb 2.0)
and a Gforce card that I can't remember (one that outranged ATI Radeon, just
for my monthly UT-thingie)

What to run?

Large Dbase? Huge Dbase? 3 leagues, 5 leagues.

I'm an impantient person: hate to wait while the computer is crunching
numbers and... I run iTunes with 60 Gig of music and Firefox-ebay and MSN
Messenger in the background.

Suggestions?

--
"To do is to be."- Nietszche
"To be is to do."- Socrates

    On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:20:33 +0200, "Hari Seldon"
    <Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> wrote:

    >Ok... So I decided to buy a new PC to play FM2005 in a decent way.
    >
    >Specs:
    >
    >AMD 3000+ 64bit
    >1024 Gig memory
    >200 Gig Serial Ata+ HDD
    >(+ the same external firewire/usb 2.0)
    >and a Gforce card that I can't remember (one that outranged ATI Radeon, just
    >for my monthly UT-thingie)
    >
    >What to run?
    >
    >Large Dbase? Huge Dbase? 3 leagues, 5 leagues.
    >
    >I'm an impantient person: hate to wait while the computer is crunching
    >numbers and... I run iTunes with 60 Gig of music and Firefox-ebay and MSN
    >Messenger in the background.
    >
    >Suggestions?

    i run about 35 divisions on a similar setup (got a 3200 amd64) and its
    pretty smooth, on large database.

    huge database is just a silly option as it'll be slow as hell even on
    a top range pc.
    --

    gamertag: chrisflynnuk
    Live Line-up: To Be Updated When I Can Be Arsed.

    On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:20:33 +0200, "Hari Seldon"
    <Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> schreibt:

    >1024 Gig memory

    WOW thats a LOT of RAM!

    "Græme" <shark@pool.com> schreef in bericht
    > On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:20:33 +0200, "Hari Seldon"
    > <Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> schreibt:
    >
    >>1024 Gig memory
    >
    > WOW thats a LOT of RAM!

    lol... ahem... err... wel... you know what I mean

    <Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> wrote:

    >Ok... So I decided to buy a new PC to play FM2005 in a decent way.
    >
    >Specs:
    >
    >AMD 3000+ 64bit
    >1024 Gig memory
    >200 Gig Serial Ata+ HDD
    >(+ the same external firewire/usb 2.0)
    >and a Gforce card that I can't remember (one that outranged ATI Radeon, just
    >for my monthly UT-thingie)
    >
    >What to run?
    >
    >Large Dbase? Huge Dbase? 3 leagues, 5 leagues.
    >
    >I'm an impantient person: hate to wait while the computer is crunching
    >numbers and... I run iTunes with 60 Gig of music and Firefox-ebay and MSN
    >Messenger in the background.
    >
    >Suggestions?

    Upgraded my pc recently: 3400+ 64bit, 1024mb ram, etc, running a game
    with 23 leagues from 7 nations fine on large database, though mind
    that any largish game will show visible reductions in speed as the
    years go by, with all the stats piling up, the speeds fine for me in
    this one though

    --
    MrT

Video Games