New PC, what leagues to run

Last response: in Video Games
August 16, 2005 2:20:33 AM

Ok... So I decided to buy a new PC to play FM2005 in a decent way.

Specs:

AMD 3000+ 64bit
1024 Gig memory
200 Gig Serial Ata+ HDD
(+ the same external firewire/usb 2.0)
and a Gforce card that I can't remember (one that outranged ATI Radeon, just
for my monthly UT-thingie)

What to run?

Large Dbase? Huge Dbase? 3 leagues, 5 leagues.

I'm an impantient person: hate to wait while the computer is crunching
numbers and... I run iTunes with 60 Gig of music and Firefox-ebay and MSN
Messenger in the background.

Suggestions?

--
"To do is to be."- Nietszche
"To be is to do."- Socrates

More about : leagues run

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:13:38 AM

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:20:33 +0200, "Hari Seldon"
<Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> wrote:

>Ok... So I decided to buy a new PC to play FM2005 in a decent way.
>
>Specs:
>
>AMD 3000+ 64bit
>1024 Gig memory
>200 Gig Serial Ata+ HDD
>(+ the same external firewire/usb 2.0)
>and a Gforce card that I can't remember (one that outranged ATI Radeon, just
>for my monthly UT-thingie)
>
>What to run?
>
>Large Dbase? Huge Dbase? 3 leagues, 5 leagues.
>
>I'm an impantient person: hate to wait while the computer is crunching
>numbers and... I run iTunes with 60 Gig of music and Firefox-ebay and MSN
>Messenger in the background.
>
>Suggestions?

i run about 35 divisions on a similar setup (got a 3200 amd64) and its
pretty smooth, on large database.

huge database is just a silly option as it'll be slow as hell even on
a top range pc.
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: To Be Updated When I Can Be Arsed.

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:20:33 +0200, "Hari Seldon"
<Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> schreibt:

>1024 Gig memory

WOW thats a LOT of RAM!
August 17, 2005 1:27:32 PM

"Græme" <shark@pool.com> schreef in bericht
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:20:33 +0200, "Hari Seldon"
> <Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> schreibt:
>
>>1024 Gig memory
>
> WOW thats a LOT of RAM!

lol... ahem... err... wel... you know what I mean
August 17, 2005 2:33:52 PM

<Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> wrote:

>Ok... So I decided to buy a new PC to play FM2005 in a decent way.
>
>Specs:
>
>AMD 3000+ 64bit
>1024 Gig memory
>200 Gig Serial Ata+ HDD
>(+ the same external firewire/usb 2.0)
>and a Gforce card that I can't remember (one that outranged ATI Radeon, just
>for my monthly UT-thingie)
>
>What to run?
>
>Large Dbase? Huge Dbase? 3 leagues, 5 leagues.
>
>I'm an impantient person: hate to wait while the computer is crunching
>numbers and... I run iTunes with 60 Gig of music and Firefox-ebay and MSN
>Messenger in the background.
>
>Suggestions?

Upgraded my pc recently: 3400+ 64bit, 1024mb ram, etc, running a game
with 23 leagues from 7 nations fine on large database, though mind
that any largish game will show visible reductions in speed as the
years go by, with all the stats piling up, the speeds fine for me in
this one though

--
MrT
!