Windows XP Login at Startup

June 27, 2005 9:53:48 PM

When I start up windows is goes right into the User automatically. I would
like windows to stop at the user portion, pick the user, and put in the
password. Where do I go to turn this on or off.

Thankx

Rob

More about : windows login startup

June 27, 2005 10:09:05 PM

In news:o e$mzN2eFHA.1612@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Rob Smith <eechoo@gmail.com> had this to say:

> When I start up windows is goes right into the User automatically. I
> would like windows to stop at the user portion, pick the user, and
> put in the password. Where do I go to turn this on or off.
>
> Thankx
>
> Rob

Start > Run > type "control userpasswords2" without the quotes > hit enter >
tick the box requiring users to enter a username and password > click apply
or okay a couple of times > reboot to make sure it works.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
!