Funny Ms. Pac Story... You see, I fell asleep with the mac..

And I was awaken to a buzzing/small crackling electrical noise. I got up
and looked at the screen (I was still half conscious from the nap). It had
some yellow text on it, and was shaking violently (the text, not the game).
I only had one moment to look at my screen before I quickly reached
underneath to turn the machine off (It's an original Midway cocktail).

Anyway, about two or three seconds later, this horrible smell had been
forced out of the machine by the fan below.

Well, I'm embarrassed to admit this, but the smell was so pungent (to me)
that I instantly threw up. I made it to the toilet, but just barely. Now,
I have owned my games for many years, and usually when they die on me, they
simply don't turn on! This one decided to give me a really bad smell to
tell me it was in the process of dying.

I will ask a tech question later, but right now, I am too dizzy, and
somewhat nauseous to think about it. The smell has managed to drift to
every room.
2 answers Last reply
More about funny story fell asleep

    Your lucky a fire didn't.And that's what happens when you get drunk and play
    games.:)))
    "Schnoodle" <violenttot@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > And I was awaken to a buzzing/small crackling electrical noise. I got up
    > and looked at the screen (I was still half conscious from the nap). It
    > had
    > some yellow text on it, and was shaking violently (the text, not the
    > game).
    > I only had one moment to look at my screen before I quickly reached
    > underneath to turn the machine off (It's an original Midway cocktail).
    >
    > Anyway, about two or three seconds later, this horrible smell had been
    > forced out of the machine by the fan below.
    >
    > Well, I'm embarrassed to admit this, but the smell was so pungent (to me)
    > that I instantly threw up. I made it to the toilet, but just barely.
    > Now,
    > I have owned my games for many years, and usually when they die on me,
    > they
    > simply don't turn on! This one decided to give me a really bad smell to
    > tell me it was in the process of dying.
    >
    > I will ask a tech question later, but right now, I am too dizzy, and
    > somewhat nauseous to think about it. The smell has managed to drift to
    > every room.

    Probably the flyback on the monitor chassis.

    Had one blow up at the last Dallas auction just as they were getting to
    the machine to sell it. Probably didn't help it get the price they were
    looking for.

    Pat D.

    Schnoodle wrote:
    > And I was awaken to a buzzing/small crackling electrical noise. I got up
    > and looked at the screen (I was still half conscious from the nap). It had
    > some yellow text on it, and was shaking violently (the text, not the game).
    > I only had one moment to look at my screen before I quickly reached
    > underneath to turn the machine off (It's an original Midway cocktail).
    >
    > Anyway, about two or three seconds later, this horrible smell had been
    > forced out of the machine by the fan below.
    >
    > Well, I'm embarrassed to admit this, but the smell was so pungent (to me)
    > that I instantly threw up. I made it to the toilet, but just barely. Now,
    > I have owned my games for many years, and usually when they die on me, they
    > simply don't turn on! This one decided to give me a really bad smell to
    > tell me it was in the process of dying.
    >
    > I will ask a tech question later, but right now, I am too dizzy, and
    > somewhat nauseous to think about it. The smell has managed to drift to
    > every room.

Games Macintosh Video Games Product