Closed

Enabling Bluetooth on a Dell Inspiron 600m Notebook

We have a Dell Inspiron 600m notebook w/ Bluetooth. We're trying to enable
Bluetooth,
but it's not cooperating. The Bluetooth active blue light is present,
there's a Bluetooth icon in the
system tray and a Bluetooth icon in Control Panel, and there's Bluetooth
software installed in
c:\program files\dell\bluetooth. What do we need to do to get Bluetooth
working.
There is a Bluetooth icon in contral panel, but it doesn't open when clicked
on,, so we can't confrigure any
Bluetooth devices. We want Bluetooth to see a Bluetooth enabled cell
phone.

Thanks,

Mike
9 answers Last reply
More about enabling bluetooth dell inspiron 600m notebook

    Look at the instructions for the cell phone for synching up to another
    Bluetooth device.

    I just went through this with a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard & mouse that has
    the hub. Getting it to find and synch up with a Logitech cordless headset
    (used for cell phone too) was not easy and took a bit of effort and repeated
    attempts.

    From what I've read, it isn't a given that all Bluetooth stuff will work
    with each other.

    Good luck! It's cool once you get it working...

    "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > We have a Dell Inspiron 600m notebook w/ Bluetooth. We're trying to
    enable
    > Bluetooth,
    > but it's not cooperating. The Bluetooth active blue light is present,
    > there's a Bluetooth icon in the
    > system tray and a Bluetooth icon in Control Panel, and there's Bluetooth
    > software installed in
    > c:\program files\dell\bluetooth. What do we need to do to get Bluetooth
    > working.
    > There is a Bluetooth icon in contral panel, but it doesn't open when
    clicked
    > on,, so we can't confrigure any
    > Bluetooth devices. We want Bluetooth to see a Bluetooth enabled cell
    > phone.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > We have a Dell Inspiron 600m notebook w/ Bluetooth. We're trying to
    > enable Bluetooth,
    > but it's not cooperating. The Bluetooth active blue light is present,
    > there's a Bluetooth icon in the
    > system tray and a Bluetooth icon in Control Panel, and there's Bluetooth
    > software installed in
    > c:\program files\dell\bluetooth. What do we need to do to get Bluetooth
    > working.
    > There is a Bluetooth icon in contral panel, but it doesn't open when
    > clicked on,, so we can't confrigure any
    > Bluetooth devices. We want Bluetooth to see a Bluetooth enabled cell
    > phone.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    on my M60 (which came preset) it went as follows

    1. Make phone Bluetooth LIVE (in Connection settings under Options or
    something similar)
    2. On Dell, right mouse click Bluetooth in System Tray. Under the
    Accessibility tab tick the "Let other Bluetooth devices discover this
    computer" Apply
    3. Under Discovery tab, tick "Look for other Bluetooth devices", Apply Close
    window.
    4. Right click Bluetooth in System Tray, select Explore My Bluetooth Places,
    left window, click View devices in range.

    If non of this works then the Bluetooth then you need to use the Bluetooth
    setup Wizard use Windoz Help

    dj

    Thanks, I'll try your suggestions.

    Mike

    "larry" <larry@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > Look at the instructions for the cell phone for synching up to another
    > Bluetooth device.
    >
    > I just went through this with a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard & mouse that
    > has
    > the hub. Getting it to find and synch up with a Logitech cordless headset
    > (used for cell phone too) was not easy and took a bit of effort and
    > repeated
    > attempts.
    >
    > From what I've read, it isn't a given that all Bluetooth stuff will work
    > with each other.
    >
    > Good luck! It's cool once you get it working...
    >
    > "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> We have a Dell Inspiron 600m notebook w/ Bluetooth. We're trying to
    > enable
    >> Bluetooth,
    >> but it's not cooperating. The Bluetooth active blue light is present,
    >> there's a Bluetooth icon in the
    >> system tray and a Bluetooth icon in Control Panel, and there's Bluetooth
    >> software installed in
    >> c:\program files\dell\bluetooth. What do we need to do to get Bluetooth
    >> working.
    >> There is a Bluetooth icon in contral panel, but it doesn't open when
    > clicked
    >> on,, so we can't confrigure any
    >> Bluetooth devices. We want Bluetooth to see a Bluetooth enabled cell
    >> phone.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Mike

    I'll get the instruction manual for the cell phone.
    When I right click on the Bluetooth icon in the the control panel
    nothing comes up.

    I'll try again.

    Thanks,

    Mike

    "Time Teamer" <btc@yobtinternet.com> wrote in message

    > "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> We have a Dell Inspiron 600m notebook w/ Bluetooth. We're trying to
    >> enable Bluetooth,
    >> but it's not cooperating. The Bluetooth active blue light is present,
    >> there's a Bluetooth icon in the
    >> system tray and a Bluetooth icon in Control Panel, and there's Bluetooth
    >> software installed in
    >> c:\program files\dell\bluetooth. What do we need to do to get Bluetooth
    >> working.
    >> There is a Bluetooth icon in contral panel, but it doesn't open when
    >> clicked on,, so we can't confrigure any
    >> Bluetooth devices. We want Bluetooth to see a Bluetooth enabled cell
    >> phone.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Mike
    >>

    > on my M60 (which came preset) it went as follows
    >
    > 1. Make phone Bluetooth LIVE (in Connection settings under Options or
    > something similar)
    > 2. On Dell, right mouse click Bluetooth in System Tray. Under the
    > Accessibility tab tick the "Let other Bluetooth devices discover this
    > computer" Apply
    > 3. Under Discovery tab, tick "Look for other Bluetooth devices", Apply
    > Close window.
    > 4. Right click Bluetooth in System Tray, select Explore My Bluetooth
    > Places, left window, click View devices in range.
    >
    > If non of this works then the Bluetooth then you need to use the Bluetooth
    > setup Wizard use Windoz Help
    >
    > dj

    I need to get documentation for the Bluetooth enabled cell phone.
    Which application does the cell link to, via Bluetooth, on the notebook?
    Besides using cell phone as a modem what are other benefits of linking cell
    phone to notebook?

    Mike

    "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > We have a Dell Inspiron 600m notebook w/ Bluetooth. We're trying to
    > enable Bluetooth,
    > but it's not cooperating. The Bluetooth active blue light is present,
    > there's a Bluetooth icon in the
    > system tray and a Bluetooth icon in Control Panel, and there's Bluetooth
    > software installed in
    > c:\program files\dell\bluetooth. What do we need to do to get Bluetooth
    > working.
    > There is a Bluetooth icon in contral panel, but it doesn't open when
    > clicked on,, so we can't confrigure any
    > Bluetooth devices. We want Bluetooth to see a Bluetooth enabled cell
    > phone.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    Check the website of the phone maker. I have a Nokia that uses infrared to
    link to an application they give you. Backup your phone numbers, etc.
    These days I guess you could download ringtones, picture, backgrounds, etc.
    Mine isn't that up to date.

    BWT, what kind of phone is it?

    > I need to get documentation for the Bluetooth enabled cell phone.
    > Which application does the cell link to, via Bluetooth, on the notebook?
    > Besides using cell phone as a modem what are other benefits of linking
    cell
    > phone to notebook?
    >
    > Mike
    >

    > "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > We have a Dell Inspiron 600m notebook w/ Bluetooth. We're trying to
    > > enable Bluetooth,
    > > but it's not cooperating. The Bluetooth active blue light is present,
    > > there's a Bluetooth icon in the
    > > system tray and a Bluetooth icon in Control Panel, and there's Bluetooth
    > > software installed in
    > > c:\program files\dell\bluetooth. What do we need to do to get
    Bluetooth
    > > working.
    > > There is a Bluetooth icon in contral panel, but it doesn't open when
    > > clicked on,, so we can't confrigure any
    > > Bluetooth devices. We want Bluetooth to see a Bluetooth enabled cell
    > > phone.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Mike

    NON, I have sent a few backdrop pics. My T68i is limited as to the size and
    type of files it will accept.

    Phones that accept MP3 (music) files by Bluetooth are more useful for
    ringtones etc

    dj
    "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I need to get documentation for the Bluetooth enabled cell phone.
    > Which application does the cell link to, via Bluetooth, on the notebook?
    > Besides using cell phone as a modem what are other benefits of linking
    > cell phone to notebook?
    >
    > Mike
    >

    > "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> We have a Dell Inspiron 600m notebook w/ Bluetooth. We're trying to
    >> enable Bluetooth,
    >> but it's not cooperating. The Bluetooth active blue light is present,
    >> there's a Bluetooth icon in the
    >> system tray and a Bluetooth icon in Control Panel, and there's Bluetooth
    >> software installed in
    >> c:\program files\dell\bluetooth. What do we need to do to get Bluetooth
    >> working.
    >> There is a Bluetooth icon in contral panel, but it doesn't open when
    >> clicked on,, so we can't confrigure any
    >> Bluetooth devices. We want Bluetooth to see a Bluetooth enabled cell
    >> phone.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Mike

    What's been very frustrating is the Dell Bluetooth Help files do not match
    what I see in Control Panel. At this point,
    I believe I have enough info on the phone side. It's a Cingular T637.
    This was helpful.

    http://www.sonyericsson.com/downloads/T637_GSG_Camera_R1a_AE.pdf

    > Check the website of the phone maker. I have a Nokia that uses infrared
    > link to an application they give you. Backup your phone numbers, etc.
    > These days I guess you could download ringtones, picture, backgrounds,
    > etc.
    > Mine isn't that up to date.
    >
    > BWT, what kind of phone is it?
    >
    > "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> I need to get documentation for the Bluetooth enabled cell phone.
    >> Which application does the cell link to, via Bluetooth, on the notebook?
    >> Besides using cell phone as a modem what are other benefits of linking
    > cell
    >> phone to notebook?
    >>
    >> Mike
    >>

    >> "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> > We have a Dell Inspiron 600m notebook w/ Bluetooth. We're trying to
    >> > enable Bluetooth,
    >> > but it's not cooperating. The Bluetooth active blue light is present,
    >> > there's a Bluetooth icon in the
    >> > system tray and a Bluetooth icon in Control Panel, and there's
    >> > Bluetooth
    >> > software installed in
    >> > c:\program files\dell\bluetooth. What do we need to do to get
    > Bluetooth
    >> > working.
    >> > There is a Bluetooth icon in contral panel, but it doesn't open when
    >> > clicked on,, so we can't confrigure any
    >> > Bluetooth devices. We want Bluetooth to see a Bluetooth enabled cell
    >> > phone.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks,
    >> >
    >> > Mike

Dell Dell Inspiron Notebooks Bluetooth Computers