unreadable files

I am having problems opening a lot of my files...when opened by notepad or
word it is in a font that is unreadable. a few are .dll files and a few
..dat. they were readable before. is there a way to convert them? or
anyway to be able to read them?
--
Jenny
3 answers Last reply

    Please name a file - as most .DAT files and all .DLL files are binary files
    and not text files (readable) by Notepad.

    "Jenny" <Jenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am having problems opening a lot of my files...when opened by notepad or
    > word it is in a font that is unreadable. a few are .dll files and a few
    > .dat. they were readable before. is there a way to convert them? or
    > anyway to be able to read them?
    > --
    > Jenny

    the .DAT file is my archived messages from my yahoo messenger. they were
    readable at one time.
    --
    Jenny

    "Michael T" wrote:

    > Please name a file - as most .DAT files and all .DLL files are binary files
    > and not text files (readable) by Notepad.
    >
    > "Jenny" <Jenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am having problems opening a lot of my files...when opened by notepad or
    > > word it is in a font that is unreadable. a few are .dll files and a few
    > > .dat. they were readable before. is there a way to convert them? or
    > > anyway to be able to read them?
    > > --
    > > Jenny

    Now you're making me work <g>.

    http://andy.w2s.co.uk/yahoo/YEmotePlus/

    Scroll down to
    "Message Archive Viewer"

    > the .DAT file is my archived messages from my yahoo messenger. they were
    > readable at one time.
    > --
    > Jenny
    >

    > "Michael T" wrote:
    >
    >> Please name a file - as most .DAT files and all .DLL files are binary
    >> files
    >> and not text files (readable) by Notepad.
    >>
    >> "Jenny" <Jenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I am having problems opening a lot of my files...when opened by notepad
    >> >or
    >> > word it is in a font that is unreadable. a few are .dll files and a
    >> > few
    >> > .dat. they were readable before. is there a way to convert them? or
    >> > anyway to be able to read them?
    >> > --
    >> > Jenny

Support Microsoft Windows XP