World's Cheapest Netbook Under $100

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

a portable machine that plays doom? WE HAVE FOUND GODS COMPUTER!

Shandris

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
"We're betting this 'THINK'even has a 56k modem"...?
I know I know, it's just a typo. I'm teasing ya...

ceslami

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009
At least its packing an 800x480 screen. That way I can watch all of my high definition movies in the proper aspect rati...oh wait. No.

That said, who knows what kind of press this thing would get in the states. There are many people who cannot afford netbooks at their current price point, but $98 could break that barrier. And in terms of demographics, this market would largely be very rural, and most likely the Midwest states. There, people are still using dial up widely.

For more information on netbooks, check out http://www.netbookstation.com

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
This is NOT a netbook, just a BIG Pocket PC.
If it's possible to install Win98 and play DOOM1 or install Linux/Gnome, then I'll call it a real netbook.
If there is a Windows port to Arm, I'll be tempted.

antemon

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008
is it just me or the recent tom's articles are riddled with typos?
[qoute]
We're betting this think even has a 56K modem.
[/qoute]

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
This is the like a nightmare of some sort, where, pieces of shit computers start to fill up the shelves of consumer electronic stores nationwide. Kinda like a "Cash for Clunkers" program. "Come in and trade your energy sapping beasts for our highly efficient replacements!" Then, secretly, those scumbags sell your car for parts (go read the website) and crush the engine. What!!?? This is like the start of Wall E.

megahunter

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]Smart phone with a bigger screen and increased functionality.[/citation]

missing the "phone" part :p

Status
Not open for further replies.