Problem with new opti board (Centipede Cocktail)

I have a centipede cocktail I purchased at auction. It is in great
condition except one of the opti-boards on the 2nd player doesn't work. So
the control will only go left-right and will not move up-down. I swapped
the boards to confirm this. I also replaced the rods (just for good
measure).

So, I ordered a new opti-board from the Arcade shop. It came in today and I
installed it. It basically looks the same, but it is red instead of green.
But now the control is backwards. When I roll up, I go down. When I roll
down, I go up. But the left-right controls are still working as usual.

The plug will not go in a different direction. The board won't install
upside down. I confirmed I have the control oriented correctly.

Do you have any suggestions? I was thinking about swapping some wires on
the plug.... or do you think the new board has something wrong and I should
try to return it?

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank You.

--M. Rainwater

Even though you mentioned confirming the control is oriented properly-
I've made the same mistake with the same results (usually late the
night right before an auction).

It sounds like the trackball assembly is 90° out of phase, try moving
it and see if the orientation is correct.

Mike Doyle