Laptop screen not working

Hi all!

I have a DELL D830 laptop and all of a sudden the screen ceased to work, the laptop still works as a charm as I can ssh to it and everything apart from the screen seems to be correct.

I have been reading but I would appreciate an advice here:
* The screen ceased to work suddenly, one day I switched it off working correctly, the following ceased to work when I switched it on
* The screen has worked twice or so, but always, when it works, it works perfectly when it is switched it on, if I shut it down and switch it on again it goes dark again.
* I am not able to see anything in the screen, not even a dim light, but I haven't watched it thoroughly.

Could anyone give an educated guess on how to proceed?

I am thinking on replacing the inverter or the backlight but without a strong position on any of them

Thank you in advance!!
4 answers Last reply
More about laptop screen working
  1. Shine a flashlight at the screen. If it's just the inverter/backlight you'll be able to see the desktop
  2. unksol said:
    Shine a flashlight at the screen. If it's just the inverter/backlight you'll be able to see the desktop

Actually I can not see anything

does that mean that it is not the inverter nor the backlight?
    any tip on how to proceed?
  3. can anybody give an advice?
  4. You can try to plug an external monitor, you will see if it's your inverter/screen or the gpu. Also it could be the connection between the screen and the mobo.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Laptop Screen