Space Invaders Base Explosion sound

Last response: in Video Games
September 7, 2005 4:47:43 AM

I am trying to fix a Midway Space Invaders sound board, but cannot get
the Base Explosion sound.

I have replaced the LM3900s at K4, K5 and K3-4.

Thanks!

-- Bruce
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 4:57:24 AM

sometimes the tantalum caps and mylar caps go bad by those chips as
well. also, check the traces at each ic.
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 1:14:22 PM

On 7 Sep 2005 00:57:24 -0700, "ultra tech" <who_won@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>sometimes the tantalum caps and mylar caps go bad by those chips as
>well. also, check the traces at each ic.

Could also be a problem with the noise generation circuit which
consists of a 4030 (or 4070) and 4006 plus a few caps and resistors.
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 2:08:29 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'll look there as well.

I actually had to repair two traces off two pins of two ICs, as the
Invader Hit sound was missing as well. That's working now, though.

!