run two operating systems

Is it possible to have two operating systems on one computer windows 98 and
windows xp
to be able to bootup in one and at another time to boot up in the other
I want to do this as I have a programme that will not operate properly in
winxp but works well in 98

how do I set this up thanks
Peter
3 answers Last reply
More about operating systems

    A lot of info here..
    http://windows.about.com/cs/dualboot/

    | Is it possible to have two operating systems on one computer windows
    98 and
    | windows xp
    | to be able to bootup in one and at another time to boot up in the
    other
    | I want to do this as I have a programme that will not operate
    properly in
    | winxp but works well in 98
    |
    | how do I set this up thanks
    | Peter

    there is a way to run the program in Windows XP. Go to the executable of the
    program, right click, then click properties. Next click the Compatibility
    tab. Where it says Compatibility Mode, check Run this program in
    compatibility mode for: then in the drop down list choose Windows 98 /
    Windows ME.

    --
    Micah E.
    A+ Cert.

    > Is it possible to have two operating systems on one computer windows 98
    > and
    > windows xp
    > to be able to bootup in one and at another time to boot up in the other
    > I want to do this as I have a programme that will not operate properly in
    > winxp but works well in 98
    >
    > how do I set this up thanks
    > Peter

    Hi Peter,

    How do I install Windows 98/Me after I've installed XP
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_9x.htm

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Peter wrote:
    > Is it possible to have two operating systems on one
    > computer windows 98 and windows xp
    > to be able to bootup in one and at another time to boot
    > up in the other
    > I want to do this as I have a programme that will not
    > operate properly in winxp but works well in 98
    >
    > how do I set this up thanks
    > Peter

Systems Microsoft Windows XP