Choppy graphics 7800gtx

okke

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
I have a framerate in most of games, but in alot of games I also have this kind of choppyness that happens very irregulary.

The games I have noticed this in is Half-life2, flatout, chronicles of riddick and bf2. Probably other games to.

I tried alot of different drivers and updated almost everything that can be updated in my computer.

I also have other problems which is simular with the conception "ghosting" which is on tft screens, but the thing is i have a crt. I have talked to the call desk from the pretty big company in Sweden where I bought my graphics card, motherboard and chassis without any success.

Hope you guys can help me better than the other boards and call desks I have asked.

DFI lanparty UT nf4-d <> AMD64 3700+(San Diego) <> Corsair TWINX-C2 1024x2 <> MSI NX7800GTX <> Antec smartpower II 450w

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
It looks like you have plenty of ram. How old is your HD? If it is failing, it can cause delays during game while it still loads.

Make sure that all the molex connectors are securley in place on all of your components, expecially your graphics card.

Otherwise I have no clue... That rig should be smokin!

<font color=red>"Battling Gimps and Dimbulbs HERE at THGC"</font color=red>

"<font color=blue> Wusy</font color=blue> <-Professional sheep banger"

okke

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
My hdd is old. An P-ATA that is around 2 - 3 years old, 180gb.
But the thing is i borrowed a friends S-ATA hdd that is pretty new to test flatout which was the first game i noticed the choppy graphics in but it did nothing, same graphics.

Which problem do you think a newer hdd would solve, the choppyness or the blurring?

DFI lanparty UT nf4-d <> AMD64 3700+(San Diego) <> Corsair TWINX-C2 1024x2 <> MSI NX7800GTX <> Antec smartpower II 450w

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
A bad HD could have ben the cause of the choppyness. The bluring I have no clue about.

Make sure your SATA drivers are installed just in case.

<font color=red>"Battling Gimps and Dimbulbs HERE at THGC"</font color=red>

"<font color=blue> Wusy</font color=blue> <-Professional sheep banger"

okke

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
I tested the hd from my friend without installing any drivers, it worked without that.
Would it have worked faster with proper drivers intalled?

In that case I will borrow it again and try it.