Sign in with
Your question

Movie disappeared

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
November 15, 2012 1:21:38 PM

Hello,
i inserted movie dvd disc in computer. when ejecting the try came out with no movie in it. it is in the comp somewhere

More about : movie disappeared

November 15, 2012 1:34:01 PM

Looks like you have to open up the dvd drive. Or try removing it from the computer tray and shaking it around first.
November 15, 2012 1:51:02 PM

daeder said:
Looks like you have to open up the dvd drive. Or try removing it from the computer tray and shaking it around first.

it is not in the computer tray, It seems to be in the computer somewhere. the tray comes out empty
Related resources
November 15, 2012 1:56:41 PM

success! I shook the heck out of it and it slid out. thank you sooo much. am now afraid to put another in it
a b D Laptop
November 15, 2012 1:58:21 PM

ROFL. What laptop is this? And how does that even happen? If this really is the case, you're going to have to open up the panels and get it out.
November 15, 2012 2:07:12 PM

grammas34 said:
it is not in the computer tray, It seems to be in the computer somewhere. the tray comes out empty

Yes so remove the DVD drive and physically unscrew the top and remove the DVD from the drive. Then replace the drive, they are cheap
November 15, 2012 2:58:10 PM

Labrynthian said:
ROFL. What laptop is this? And how does that even happen? If this really is the case, you're going to have to open up the panels and get it out.

I have no idea how this could happen. It is HP computer. I just played a movie now, so it seems ok.
November 15, 2012 3:22:18 PM

I am going to say the laptop was not handled very gently thus causing the DVD to come loose from the drive sometime after you watched it but before you opened the drive.

DVD's get locked on to those drives pretty securely and it is highly unlikely one that was inserted properly just came off while spinning. If that was the case you would have some bad noises and some bad scratches on the bottom of that DVD and some potential damage to the drive itself.

!