need help on system restoration

I was trying to do the system restore today and I kept getting the
'incomplete' error message. I've tried to choose different restore point as
well as checking the problem solving from microsoft trouble shooter
suggestiong, still failed.

Besides, the system checkpoint date was only allowed to choose within this
month.

*I think my pc was not turned off properly and has been dead for a few times
before I reboot and start to run
the system restoration*

Wonder if anyone can help....thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about need system restoration

    On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 02:46:01 -0700, pumpkin wrote:

    > I was trying to do the system restore today and I kept getting the
    > 'incomplete' error message. I've tried to choose different restore point as
    > well as checking the problem solving from microsoft trouble shooter
    > suggestiong, still failed.
    >
    > Besides, the system checkpoint date was only allowed to choose within this
    > month.

    If the cache of restore points is corrupt, none of the system restore
    points will work. Best approach is to turn off system restore. Restart the
    system. This will flush out the restore points. Then enable system restore
    again and the collection process will restart for creating new restore
    points.

    How many system restore points you can choose from depends on several
    factors. System Restore will remove restore points that are more than 90
    days old. Due to the design of system restore, it is a "short term" repair
    tool, this is a reasonable cut off.

    Older restore points are also dropped if the amount of disk space allotted
    becomes full. How many restore points will fit within that space, depends
    on the complexity of the setup. A simple setup can fit more restore points
    than a complex setup into the same space.

    > *I think my pc was not turned off properly and has been dead for a few times
    > before I reboot and start to run
    > the system restoration*

    What do you mean by "dead"? You might want to repost with more details
    about the problem you're having. Be as descriptive as possible, including
    any error messages that appear. Perhaps someone will recognize it from your
    description and will be able to offer a solution or useful suggestion.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Microsoft Windows XP