ASUS K55A maximum RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

rschneid

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
Hello,
I want to upgrade the original 4 gb RAM with an 8 gb (2x4) 1600, cl9 kit. Ay other suggestions, comments?

Solution

Hi, i have an Asus K55a MX1 Core I3 2.4GHz with 16GB RAM. i suppouse that when this laptop model starts to be selling there wasnt 8GB dd3 cards, then in the assus specification the maximum RAM allowed was 8GB using 2 cards, recently asus releases a Bios update where says that increase the RAM size supported but dont say how many memory is currently support

I don't know how much more can i increase the memory of my laptop

laptop.png

Also i replaced the HD with a SSD, changing from HD to SSD can help you to get a better performance

rschneid

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
Thanks. I looked there, but Kingston HyperX Plug n Play 8 GB Kit (http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/hyperx/pnp) seemed faster - at cl9 - and about the same price.

So, to refine my original post: IS a matchd (kit) 8gb 1600 cl9 the best I can do for this laptop w/o going into overclking and such?

I tried the configurator at Kingston for compatible RAMs, but I can't find the K55A.
You can try contacting Kingston and making sure that the RAMs are compatible.

"So, to refine my original post: IS a matchd (kit) 8gb 1600 cl9 the best I can do for this laptop w/o going into overclking and such? "
Answer: Yes, the board and the CPU support 1600 MHz.
The K55A specs:
DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM, 2 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion up to 8 GB SDRAM

prograc

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017

Hi, i have an Asus K55a MX1 Core I3 2.4GHz with 16GB RAM. i suppouse that when this laptop model starts to be selling there wasnt 8GB dd3 cards, then in the assus specification the maximum RAM allowed was 8GB using 2 cards, recently asus releases a Bios update where says that increase the RAM size supported but dont say how many memory is currently support

I don't know how much more can i increase the memory of my laptop

laptop.png

Also i replaced the HD with a SSD, changing from HD to SSD can help you to get a better performance

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.