Solved

ASUS K55A maximum RAM

Hello,
I want to upgrade the original 4 gb RAM with an 8 gb (2x4) 1600, cl9 kit. Ay other suggestions, comments?
Reply to rschneid
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asus k55a maximum
  1. Thanks. I looked there, but Kingston HyperX Plug n Play 8 GB Kit (http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/hyperx/pnp) seemed faster - at cl9 - and about the same price.

So, to refine my original post: IS a matchd (kit) 8gb 1600 cl9 the best I can do for this laptop w/o going into overclking and such?
    Reply to rschneid
  2. I tried the configurator at Kingston for compatible RAMs, but I can't find the K55A.
    You can try contacting Kingston and making sure that the RAMs are compatible.

"So, to refine my original post: IS a matchd (kit) 8gb 1600 cl9 the best I can do for this laptop w/o going into overclking and such? "
    Answer: Yes, the board and the CPU support 1600 MHz.
    The K55A specs:
    DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM, 2 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion up to 8 GB SDRAM
    Reply to alexoiu
  3. Well, laptops generally do not allow you to overclock anyway unless it some type of boutique brand which Asus isn't.
    Reply to jaguarskx
  4. Best answer
    rschneid said:
    Hello,
    I want to upgrade the original 4 gb RAM with an 8 gb (2x4) 1600, cl9 kit. Ay other suggestions, comments?

Hi, i have an Asus K55a MX1 Core I3 2.4GHz with 16GB RAM. i suppouse that when this laptop model starts to be selling there wasnt 8GB dd3 cards, then in the assus specification the maximum RAM allowed was 8GB using 2 cards, recently asus releases a Bios update where says that increase the RAM size supported but dont say how many memory is currently support

I don't know how much more can i increase the memory of my laptop

Also i replaced the HD with a SSD, changing from HD to SSD can help you to get a better performance
    Reply to prograc
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Asus RAM Laptops Product