Missing WAN miniport devices - L2TP and PPTP

Hi,
My machine runs Windows XP Pro, which was installed by my IT department
from a generic image. For some reason I am missing the above devices,
which in turn prevents me from establishing L2TP connection (required
by my ISP).
The lack of these devices can be verified by borwsing the relevant
registry keys and by using device manager (with "show hidden" option
enabled).

How can I reintall/revive these devices without completely reinstalling
Windows???

Would appreciate your help!!

Thanks,
- Rod

On 28 Jun 2005 08:22:16 -0700, nimja wrote:

> Hi,
> My machine runs Windows XP Pro, which was installed by my IT department
> from a generic image. For some reason I am missing the above devices,
> which in turn prevents me from establishing L2TP connection (required
> by my ISP).
> The lack of these devices can be verified by borwsing the relevant
> registry keys and by using device manager (with "show hidden" option
> enabled).
>
> How can I reintall/revive these devices without completely reinstalling
> Windows???
>
> Would appreciate your help!!
>
> Thanks,
> - Rod

Is the ISP - AOL? If yes, they have a tool somewhere in their software for
removing and then rebuilding their special protocols.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Thanks, but no - it is not AOL.

My ISP relies on the WAN miniport L2TP dialer, which is bundeled with
Windows XP.

For some reason my installation does not include it :-(