Starting May 4, .25 per extra minute on postpaid

Last response: in Network Providers
April 23, 2005 1:22:56 AM

I didn't see mention of it on here, so I figure either you all know
about it or haven't gotten the notice yet.

Yet another reason to cancel (I already did a while ago - yay me).
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 9:06:38 AM

Two words: Virgin Mobile (http://www.virginmobile.ca/)

--
I've given up on sigs. I just couldn't think of anything clever to say.
Anonymous

Website? TTYL

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 21:22:56 -0400, sbdot wrote:

> I didn't see mention of it on here, so I figure either you all know about
> it or haven't gotten the notice yet.
>
> Yet another reason to cancel (I already did a while ago - yay me).
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 1:21:11 PM

If they start accepting old Bell Mobility phone activation (I have an
old motorola st8767w handy), then I'm there. I don't want to buy one of
their useless phones.

DevilsPGD wrote:
> In message <77ydnan33NiwPvTfRVn-rg@rogers.com> sbdot
> <sbdot@mailandnews.com> wrote:
>

>>I didn't see mention of it on here, so I figure either you all know
>>about it or haven't gotten the notice yet.
>>
>>Yet another reason to cancel (I already did a while ago - yay me).
>

> Two words: Virgin Mobile (http://www.virginmobile.ca/)

Anonymous
April 23, 2005 8:21:00 PM

DevilsPGD <ihatespam@crazyhat.net> wrote:

> Two words: Virgin Mobile (http://www.virginmobile.ca/)

I am considering Virgin as well. Would it be cheaper than postpaid with
Fido?

--
* Remove the "e" in my email address to reply privately.

->I'm looking for part-time/casual "CASH" jobs.
->Please email me the details of the job
->and your contact information.
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 8:21:01 PM

In message <Xns96416948ECF14mydogfacenippyshawca@24.70.95.211> Mason
Storm <publicemailbox@shaw.ca> wrote:

>DevilsPGD <ihatespam@crazyhat.net> wrote:
>
>> Two words: Virgin Mobile (http://www.virginmobile.ca/)
>
>I am considering Virgin as well. Would it be cheaper than postpaid with
>Fido?

It depends on how many minutes you're using -- If you rarely use the
phone, then yes -- You're looking at a minimum investment of $15/6
months, or $2.50/month.

You won't get much cheaper then that.

However, if you're using a lot of minutes you can probably do better
elsewhere. I don't know enough about Fido's rate plans to know if Fido
is an option or not.

--
My news reader can beat up your news reader
Anonymous

Mason Storm wrote:

> DevilsPGD <ihatespam@crazyhat.net> wrote:
>
> > Two words: Virgin Mobile (http://www.virginmobile.ca/)
>
> I am considering Virgin as well. Would it be cheaper than postpaid with
> Fido?

Fido postpaid is still cheaper.

And remember, while this rate increase is despicable and truly worthy of
Rogers, it only applies when you exceed your monthly plan minutes. So
for most folks, it won't result in a rate increase.

Also, with Virgin, you don't have GSM, you don't have GPRS etc etc.

Rogers knows excatly how far up it can jack Fido rates and still make
Fido cheaper than itself and Bell, and unfortunatly, as long as Fido is
still cheaper then BelL/Telus/Virgin (which is really Bell), then
logically you should stay with Fido, despite all the steam/anger at Rogers.

At least this has happened after Cingular told Rogers to get lost and
stop using the AT&T brand. Otherwise, we'd be "Fido AT&T" :-) :-) :-)
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 10:17:35 PM

JF Mezei wrote:

> And remember, while this rate increase is despicable and truly worthy of
> Rogers, it only applies when you exceed your monthly plan minutes. So
> for most folks, it won't result in a rate increase.

Actually, it's a combined effort. Have you noticed that Fido's included
daytime minutes have been on the decline (the $30 plan used to have 150
minutes, now it has 100, City Fido has gone from unlimited local minutes
to a few hundred...). And remember that prepaid includes call id and
voicemail. A 'basic' 20/200 plan with these options would now come out
to 20.00 + 6.95 + .25 + 8.00 + GST/PST= 40.48. That's just a little
more than 20 cents per min on postpaid. If you use any more, you pay 25
cents per min. If you use less, none of your minutes are forwarded to
the next month. Taking all of this into account, you are more likely to
be at least as well off on a plan such as Virgin Mobile's.

Also, the point about instant messaging - it's now available on every
network, not just gsm.
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 10:35:14 PM

It's not on their site for some reason. My friend showed me these two
inserts he received with his last (and it will be his 'last') bill. One
was the notice of the rate hike as of May 4 and the other was an apology
for the network outages. "We're sorry for screwing you over the last
few months... so we're jacking up your rates! Thanks for your
understanding."

repatch wrote:
> Website? TTYL
>
> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 21:22:56 -0400, sbdot wrote:
>

>>I didn't see mention of it on here, so I figure either you all know about
>>it or haven't gotten the notice yet.
>>
>>Yet another reason to cancel (I already did a while ago - yay me).

Anonymous
April 23, 2005 11:31:32 PM

Can you give more details? What's an "extra minute" on prepaid? There are
no set number of minutes you have a month, "extra minutes" usually refers
to postpaid packages.

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 18:35:14 -0400, sbdot wrote:

> It's not on their site for some reason. My friend showed me these two
> inserts he received with his last (and it will be his 'last') bill. One
> was the notice of the rate hike as of May 4 and the other was an apology
> for the network outages. "We're sorry for screwing you over the last few
> months... so we're jacking up your rates! Thanks for your understanding."
>
> repatch wrote:
>> Website? TTYL
>>
>> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 21:22:56 -0400, sbdot wrote:
>>

>>>I didn't see mention of it on here, so I figure either you all know
>>>about it or haven't gotten the notice yet.
>>>
>>>Yet another reason to cancel (I already did a while ago - yay me).

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 12:37:00 AM

Read the title of the thread.

repatch wrote:
> Can you give more details? What's an "extra minute" on prepaid? There are
> no set number of minutes you have a month, "extra minutes" usually refers
> to postpaid packages.
>
> On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 18:35:14 -0400, sbdot wrote:

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 3:29:55 AM

Umm, I did:

"Re: Starting May 4, .25 per extra minute on postpaid"

Please define "extra minute"? Are you saying EVERY minute is $0.25 more??

Thanks, TTYL

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 20:37:00 -0400, sbdot wrote:

> Read the title of the thread.
>
> repatch wrote:
>> Can you give more details? What's an "extra minute" on prepaid? There
>> are no set number of minutes you have a month, "extra minutes" usually
>> refers to postpaid packages.
>>
>> On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 18:35:14 -0400, sbdot wrote:

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 4:15:20 AM

DevilsPGD <ihatespam@crazyhat.net> wrote:

> It depends on how many minutes you're using -- If you rarely use the
> phone, then yes -- You're looking at a minimum investment of $15/6
> months, or $2.50/month.
>
> You won't get much cheaper then that.
>
> However, if you're using a lot of minutes you can probably do better
> elsewhere. I don't know enough about Fido's rate plans to know if
> Fido is an option or not.

I bought the wife one (Virgin phone) today. I think it will be great.
Top-up every 120 days is fantastic. As Fido starts getting less and
less, I may even consider getting it too.

--
* Remove the "e" in my email address to reply privately.

->I'm looking for part-time/casual "CASH" jobs.
->Please email me the details of the job
->and your contact information.
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 4:17:54 AM

JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote:

> Also, with Virgin, you don't have GSM, you don't have GPRS etc etc.

I could care less about GSM. I am want decent minutes for a decent price.
Unfortunately, I am in the wrong country. Chinese guy today told me that in
Hong Kong, you can get like 1000 minutes for $25. Nice.

--
* Remove the "e" in my email address to reply privately.

->I'm looking for part-time/casual "CASH" jobs.
->Please email me the details of the job
->and your contact information.
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 4:19:25 AM

sbdot <sbdot@mailandnews.com> wrote:

> to 20.00 + 6.95 + .25 + 8.00 + GST/PST= 40.48. That's just a little

Does anyone know what is happening with the class action lawsuite in
regards to the SAF bullcrap??

--
* Remove the "e" in my email address to reply privately.

->I'm looking for part-time/casual "CASH" jobs.
->Please email me the details of the job
->and your contact information.
April 24, 2005 5:19:54 AM

repatch wrote:
> Umm, I did:
>
> "Re: Starting May 4, .25 per extra minute on postpaid"
>
> Please define "extra minute"?
Fido calls them additional minutes

Are you saying EVERY minute is $0.25 more??

No, the rate is .25, not .25 more
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 9:25:19 AM

repatch wrote:

> Umm, I did:
>
> "Re: Starting May 4, .25 per extra minute on postpaid"
>
> Please define "extra minute"? Are you saying EVERY minute is $0.25 more??

postpaid gives you a certain number of minutes per month. For instance,
the 26.96 package (advertised as $20 package) giving you 200 minutes.
If you exceed those minutes, additional minutes were billed at 0.20 per
minute, now it appears they will be billed at $0.25
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 9:09:13 PM

Umm, nevermind, for some reason I had "prepaid" stuck on my mind...

Sorry about that.

!