Multiple emails

For the past few weeks I have been getting multiple messages from eBay,
sometimes as many as 30 or 40 repeats of the same message. I tried to tell
eBay but they said it was a server problem, and guess what, the server said
it was an eBay problem. I can only delete them and hope that eBay doesn't
want to communicate with me again, and apart from blocking any message that
includes the word eBay, there seems little else I can do. Has anyone any
other suggestions? Many thanks. Bengo

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:uUV0lAAfFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Bengo <benid123@eurospan.com> had this to say:

> For the past few weeks I have been getting multiple messages from
> eBay, sometimes as many as 30 or 40 repeats of the same message. I
> tried to tell eBay but they said it was a server problem, and guess
> what, the server said it was an eBay problem. I can only delete them
> and hope that eBay doesn't want to communicate with me again, and
> apart from blocking any message that includes the word eBay, there
> seems little else I can do. Has anyone any other suggestions? Many
> thanks. Bengo

Did you check the header to make sure that they're actually from eBay? Lots
of phishing attempts are done in the name of eBay and the links and emails
will even look like they're real - more so if you read them in HTML format.
Check the source of the message (both it's HTML source and the headers) for
the senders IP address and then see where it resolves to. If it doesn't
resolve to eBay's site(s) then it's probably just a phishing attempt. Never
click the links in the mail, instead always go right to your browser and
type in the address and log in that way - that's a big step in preventing
identity theft from phishing attacks.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes