Internet Wizard runs for every user. help!!!

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
i set up 50 computers at the school i work at and every time a student logs on, the internet wizard pops up. when i cloned the machines, i set up the acct, connected to the internet and copied that profile over to all users. what is going on now?

....the crows seemed to be calling him, thought caw....

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
hmmm. i did not. i guess thats tomorrow project? i figured all users would be fine. do you think i should use the same profile? heres what i did.... created a domain user called "student" and gave it rights to map printers. i installed everything under that acct and copied it to the "all users" profile (which i will change tomorrow) and gave domain users rights to it. sound right to you?

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
you need to make it the default user profile. then that profile is copied whenever a new user logs onto that machine. all users doesnt do that. it is good for making sure every user gets icons and cant delete them, and maybe internet favorites. you shouldnt have to modify any permissions, they should be fine at the default as long as you didnt screw them up.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 69.12.5.119:27015

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
hmmm... now that you mentio it, thats the way i did it before. the reason im so confused about this happening is that ive already done it to ~100 computers and everything is fine on those. i will get in there and do that tomorrow. so, if i now copy the all users profile to the defaul, i should be all set?

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
explain the process of how you are doing it. there is only one right way. other ways of doing it will get you into trouble down the road.

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
well, first i logon with a student domain account i created. i set up the desktop, programs, printers just the way i want, then (which i didnt do this time) i copy it to the default users and give permission to domain users.

i was asking if you thought i should copy the all users profile to the default since thats where i screwed up this time.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
no no no, how do you copy the profile? just delete the default user and rename the profile you want to default user? cause thats bad

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
oh, noooo. im not THAT bad. i rt click my comp, props, etc. i do it the right way. thats also when i give permission to domain users... i do that rather than the everyone group. so you think i can just copy the all users over the default that way?