XP Install freezes at product key input

I have a strange anomoly when reinstalling XP. After the installation
reboots into device configuration and I "ok" the keyboard config, the
product key entry page comes up and locks the system. I am befuddled. I
have tried booting into safe-mode (can't boot into safe-mode during
setup), restarting the installation, running repair on the installation
and chkdsk /r. I was able to install a second image to a new
systemdirectory. I would rather not rebuild my entire configuration via
the second image. Anyone have an idea why the original installation is
freezing as indicated?

RB

--
rburton1
rburton1's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2789

    Failure of a Repair setup leaves you no real choice. Without backup, there is no other 'magic' fix.

    Install to a new folder, then all apps, then 'take ownership' of the old data.

    HOW TO Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q308421

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "rburton1" <rburton1.1rcnkz@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message news:rburton1.1rcnkz@no-mx.msusenet.com...

    > I have a strange anomoly when reinstalling XP. After the installation
    > reboots into device configuration and I "ok" the keyboard config, the
    > product key entry page comes up and locks the system. I am befuddled. I
    > have tried booting into safe-mode (can't boot into safe-mode during
    > setup), restarting the installation, running repair on the installation
    > and chkdsk /r. I was able to install a second image to a new
    > systemdirectory. I would rather not rebuild my entire configuration via
    > the second image. Anyone have an idea why the original installation is
    > freezing as indicated?
    >

    > RB
    >

    > --
    > rburton1