Windows File Protection

Hi, my computer crashed last night as i was turning it off and today i
recieved this message on the screen as i turned it on for the first time
today:

Windows File Protection

Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by
unrecognised versions. To maintain system stability, Windows must restore the
original versions of these files.

The network location from which the files should be copied,
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386/controls.man, is not available

Contact your system administrator or insert Windows XP Service Pack 2 Source
Files Now.

Retry More Information Cancel

I clicked More Information first and got this:

Possible reasons for this problem:
The path is unavailable due to network problems.
The server sharing that path is unavailable or has been renamed.
The necessary permissions have not been set on the server shares. For WFP to
access-bases installations shares, the group Authenticated Users must have
Read access to the share.

Then I clicked retry and nothing happened, the message just keeps appearing,
I tried searching for the files in my directories, and no they arent there.
Can someone please help me with this problem, any ideas gratefully accepted.

Thanks
--
Sean McBrien

You can uninstall sp2 manually, then repair the system, and reinstall sp2.

875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

--
Mark L. Ferguson