How do I restart trial periods for testing software?

You know how when you get a program it might let you have a free trial
for a few days? Well when the trial is up is there a way to remove this
program completely, reinstall and then do the free trial again?

Uninstalling it and then installing it again doesnt work, the computer
can still remember my trial is up. Is there a file somewhere that
remembers this, that I can delete?

Thank you

--
zepol

You would have to reformat your hard drive, reinstall
Windows XP, then reinstall the trial program.

The simple solution is to go ahead and purchase the program.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"zepol" wrote:

| You know how when you get a program it might let you have a free trial
| for a few days? Well when the trial is up is there a way to remove this
| program completely, reinstall and then do the free trial again?
|
| Uninstalling it and then installing it again doesnt work, the computer
| can still remember my trial is up. Is there a file somewhere that
| remembers this, that I can delete?
|
| Thank you
|

| --
| zepol

As someone else suggested rolling the date back may help, but not always.
Then you may have other problems particularly with websites that have
security features.
For some software date/time adjustments forward or back are cumulative and
any adjustment reduces the available time accordingly.

Contact the software manufacturer and/or buy it.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"zepol" <zepol.1rckdp@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> You know how when you get a program it might let you have a free trial
> for a few days? Well when the trial is up is there a way to remove this
> program completely, reinstall and then do the free trial again?
>
> Uninstalling it and then installing it again doesnt work, the computer
> can still remember my trial is up. Is there a file somewhere that
> remembers this, that I can delete?
>
> Thank you
>

> --
> zepol

There goes Carey, LYING AGAIN !
You don't need to reformat any damn thing!
Move your date back to the original date it was installed and reinstall it.
Then change your date.
Carey got caught in MORE W R O N G advice.

Sorry, but your so-called "advice" is very poor and rarely works!

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"HelloAll" lamely wrote:

| There goes Carey, LYING AGAIN !
| You don't need to reformat any damn thing!
| Move your date back to the original date it was installed and reinstall it.
| Then change your date.
| Carey got caught in MORE W R O N G advice.

I haven't done this in a long while but..........
after uninstalling the trial version open the registry and do a search under
that programs name as well as manufacturer and delete whatever you find.This
is assuming you have no other programs from that manufacturer.This used to
work under 95/98/ME...not sure if it will under XP.
peterk

the problem
"zepol" <zepol.1rckdp@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> You know how when you get a program it might let you have a free trial
> for a few days? Well when the trial is up is there a way to remove this
> program completely, reinstall and then do the free trial again?
>
> Uninstalling it and then installing it again doesnt work, the computer
> can still remember my trial is up. Is there a file somewhere that
> remembers this, that I can delete?
>
> Thank you
>

> --
> zepol

That may work, but it depends on what your time is worth, too.

I've had to do that sort of search for programs when they've gotten
corrupted and wouldn't uninstall or reinstall, and it can be time consuming
and mind-numbing. And once you're in the brain-dead trance of search-delete,
it's easy to hit delete at the wrong time and kill something you need.

And while you're at it, there can also be files somewhere in the Windows
folder, or elsewhere, that have the installation info, so you never know if
you've gotten it all or not.

To fix a corrupted computer, it might be worth it, but to get an extra
30-day trial of software, it's a lot of work.

zepol wrote:
> You know how when you get a program it might let you have a free trial
> for a few days? Well when the trial is up is there a way to remove this
> program completely, reinstall and then do the free trial again?
>
> Uninstalling it and then installing it again doesnt work, the computer
> can still remember my trial is up. Is there a file somewhere that
> remembers this, that I can delete?
>
> Thank you

Contact the manufacturer of the specific software application and ask
if they'll allow you an extension.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

which is of course why I haven't done this in a loooooong time :)
peterk

the problem