Cooler for my 6800 GT?

mrwhipper

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2002
OK. Here is my story. I have a Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI, 2x6800GT's, Creative Audigy2, and a Belkin Pre-N card.

My delima The bottom 6800 GT is a bit on the warm side due to the sound card right below it. There no other slots to move the sound and network cards to and I realy don't want to use onboard sound. Is there HS and fan combo that will work better than the stock one on my XFX card. It can not be a 2 slot cooler but I do have room at the top of the card if there is a heat pipe type cooler. Thank you for your time. Take care all.

They are our, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, friends, neighbors. They are OUR TROOPS! Please support them.

mrwhipper

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2002
Thank you.. I will check it out.

They are our, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, friends, neighbors. They are OUR TROOPS! Please support them.

mrwhipper

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2002
Crap! I am looking around and I am seeing that the V-1 won't work with SLI due to the top fan. Any other ideas????

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Zalman has some nice fan-type coolers, I just finished the review on a radial sink graphics cooler from them, you'll see it later this week at SysOpt.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

mrwhipper

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2002
Thanks Crash and wusy. I talked to Thermalright and they said that the HS would be too high on the top side for SLI. So, I am excieted to the HS that you are talking about Crash. Hey is there any type of adapter that I could put my PCMCIA network card in and connect it to my USB? That way I could move my sound card down and pull out the network card. Here is my card.
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=202570&pcount=&Product_Id=186931
Thanks again for all of your help. Take care.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Wusy is right, the fan I suggested takes two slots, sorry.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

mrwhipper

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2002
hehe.. Thanks but Naaa.. I would go to on board sound before I do that.. I can't belive I am the only one that is using SLI that the bottom GPU is running warm. Thanks again for your time..