What is 'POWER SET-UP MENU' ??

Whenever I boot up my PC, it stops after about 5 seconds with the
message: "HARDWARE MONITOR FOUND AN ERROR - ENTER POWER SET-UP MENU
FOR DETAILS"
On hitting F1, I get into power set-up menu but don't know what to do.
How do you know if there is a problem in the power set-up menu? What
could cause this problem?

Thanxs in anticipation,

John

Hi, John.

Can you tell us something about your hardware? Make and model of computer
(or mobo if you built it yourself)? Are you using a UPS or BPS? Which
"power set-up menu" are you getting into? Start | Control Panel | Power
Options? Or a third-party menu?

It sounds like your problem has nothing to do with Windows. Your computer
hardware is detecting the problem and halting before it ever gets far enough
to start loading Windows. So we really can't help without knowing what kind
of computer you have. If this is a new machine, ask the people who sold it
to you. If it's older, try to find some help on the manufacturer's website.
Or mention the make and model here and someone may very well be familiar
with it and know what to suggest.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"John Carroll" <'DeletethisBit'NIPHARMACY-MAIL@DeleteThisAlsoYAHOO.CO.UK>
wrote in message news:7db3c1dqtv86ulpvlune1smlal21euqost@4ax.com...
> Whenever I boot up my PC, it stops after about 5 seconds with the
> message: "HARDWARE MONITOR FOUND AN ERROR - ENTER POWER SET-UP MENU
> FOR DETAILS"
> On hitting F1, I get into power set-up menu but don't know what to do.
> How do you know if there is a problem in the power set-up menu? What
> could cause this problem?
>
> Thanxs in anticipation,
>

> John

"John Carroll" <'DeletethisBit'NIPHARMACY-MAIL@DeleteThisAlsoYAHOO.CO.UK>
wrote in message news:7db3c1dqtv86ulpvlune1smlal21euqost@4ax.com...
> Whenever I boot up my PC, it stops after about 5 seconds with the
> message: "HARDWARE MONITOR FOUND AN ERROR - ENTER POWER SET-UP MENU
> FOR DETAILS"
> On hitting F1, I get into power set-up menu but don't know what to do.
> How do you know if there is a problem in the power set-up menu? What
> could cause this problem?
>
> Thanxs in anticipation,
>

> John

Can't see your menu options ...........
What is set?
What happens if you disable those items?