Remote assistance not working

Hi.

Using the manual method of inviting a friend via email, I have been unable
to connect to a friend's computer once I've been invited. The message that
comes up is...

"Remote Assistance connection could not be established because the remote
host name could not be resolved. Please try again."

Has anyone seen this before?

Cheers

It's a firewall issue, which can be overcome by 'hacking' the email invite, or forwarding the TCP port 3389 in the router(s)

When you get the email requesting assistance,save the attachment to disk. Right-click, Open With, and choose Notepad. You will see a
line like this: RCTICKET="65538,1,192.168.0.4:3389;novicecomputer:3389, This is the private IP address and the name of the person
requesting help's computer, followed by the port number. Insert the IP address of the NAT router and port number in front of the
private IP address. (see http://www.whatismyip.com ) like this: 206.192.44.102:3389; And final line like this:
RCTICKET="65538,1,206.192.44.102:3389;192.168.0.4:3389;novicecomputer:3389, Save file.
--
Mark L. Ferguson