Help: Cant install Windows XP

I just built a new computer and cant get windows to work. Sometimes it says
files are corrupt or sometimes setup wont start. Anyone Know the Problem?
6 answers Last reply
More about help install windows

    Hi Cole,

    Check to make sure the CD is not dirty or damaged.

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Cole wrote:
    > I just built a new computer and cant get windows to work.
    > Sometimes it says files are corrupt or sometimes setup
    > wont start. Anyone Know the Problem?

    no it is right out of the package

    Cole

    "Bert Kinney" wrote:

    > Hi Cole,
    >
    > Check to make sure the CD is not dirty or damaged.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    > http://dts-l.org/
    >
    > Cole wrote:
    > > I just built a new computer and cant get windows to work.
    > > Sometimes it says files are corrupt or sometimes setup
    > > wont start. Anyone Know the Problem?

    Could be lots of things. Are you sure all the hardware you are using is XP
    compatible? Are you setting up your BIOS to first boot from the CD drive?
    Is the copy of XP you are using a legal and authentic copy?

    "Cole" <Cole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just built a new computer and cant get windows to work. Sometimes it
    >says
    > files are corrupt or sometimes setup wont start. Anyone Know the Problem?

    Hi do you know who manufactures the chipset on your motherboard. I have seen
    errors in reading files off the installation CD a few times now when boards
    are using VIA chipsets. The CD in these cases was fine, but the motherboard
    memory controller chip was the culprit. Unfortunately this is hard to detect
    because it looks like a memory module issue, when the modules are tested
    they tend to look ok. Only VIA can sort out the buggy chipset and so far
    they have not fully succeeeded. My solution was to exchange the boards,
    which were Abit, for ones with Intel chipsets that takes the same
    processors. These were a little more expensive but seem much more stable.
    You might get more guidance by visiting the website of the company that
    makes your motherboard.

    Chelsea

    I think its all compattible and PCchips is on the chipset. I changed the
    boot order but when it got to setup it said that file \i386\ntkrnlmp.exe
    could not be loaded error code is 7 anyone know what error code 7 is ?
    Thanks

    Cole

    Hiya,
    I think you have a hardware problem Cole. It could be something as simple as
    the wrong setting in the bios or an oversight during the construction of the
    PC. I suggest you talk with PC Chips support
    http://www.pcchipsusa.com/support-mainframe.asp They might know of the
    problem and a workaround.

    Chelsea

Support Microsoft Windows XP