System Restore Still not working

June 29, 2005 12:18:04 AM

I did what MVP Bert Kinney told me to do: Navigate to
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore folder and rename rstrui.exe
to rstrui.xxx.
System File Protection should replace it. If it is replaced click on
it and test System Restore.
It replaced the file OK, but I still get the same error message. I can't
even go through MY COMPUTER, System restore TAB. It tells me "Run a DLL as
an APP has encountered a problem". Any help?

More about : system restore working

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 12:42:53 AM

Got system restore to work by reinstalling it from C:\Windows\inf folder and
right clicking on the sr.inf file.
"carballop" <carballop@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I did what MVP Bert Kinney told me to do: Navigate to
>C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore folder and rename rstrui.exe
> to rstrui.xxx.
> System File Protection should replace it. If it is replaced click on
> it and test System Restore.
> It replaced the file OK, but I still get the same error message. I can't
> even go through MY COMPUTER, System restore TAB. It tells me "Run a DLL as
> an APP has encountered a problem". Any help?

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 1:07:53 AM

Glad to hear that. That was going to be next suggestion.

Here's some tips on keeping System Restore Healthy.
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/healthy.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User