System Restore Still not working

I did what MVP Bert Kinney told me to do: Navigate to
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore folder and rename rstrui.exe
to rstrui.xxx.
System File Protection should replace it. If it is replaced click on
it and test System Restore.
It replaced the file OK, but I still get the same error message. I can't
even go through MY COMPUTER, System restore TAB. It tells me "Run a DLL as
an APP has encountered a problem". Any help?
2 answers Last reply
More about system restore working

    Got system restore to work by reinstalling it from C:\Windows\inf folder and
    right clicking on the sr.inf file.
    "carballop" <carballop@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I did what MVP Bert Kinney told me to do: Navigate to
    >C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore folder and rename rstrui.exe
    > to rstrui.xxx.
    > System File Protection should replace it. If it is replaced click on
    > it and test System Restore.
    > It replaced the file OK, but I still get the same error message. I can't
    > even go through MY COMPUTER, System restore TAB. It tells me "Run a DLL as
    > an APP has encountered a problem". Any help?

    Glad to hear that. That was going to be next suggestion.

    Here's some tips on keeping System Restore Healthy.
    http://bertk.mvps.org/html/healthy.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    carballop wrote:
    > Got system restore to work by reinstalling it from
    > C:\Windows\inf folder and right clicking on the sr.inf
    > file. "carballop" <carballop@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I did what MVP Bert Kinney told me to do: Navigate to
    >> C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore folder and rename rstrui.exe
    >> to rstrui.xxx.
    >> System File Protection should replace it. If it is
    >> replaced click on it and test System Restore.
    >> It replaced the file OK, but I still get the same error
    >> message. I can't even go through MY COMPUTER, System
    >> restore TAB. It tells me "Run a DLL as an APP has
    >> encountered a problem". Any help?

Microsoft System Restore Windows XP