Challenge Arcade Pics

Last response: in Video Games
September 9, 2005 7:40:19 AM

I took my digital camera with me tonight when I stopped by Challenge
Arcade. Took a pile of pictures. I took most with the flash which is why
the arcade looks so well lit, but trust me, it's traditionally dark. 8*)

http://www.toomanygames.com/images/arcade/

Also took a few pics of some of the high score games played today, they're
towards the end.

If anyone's planning on coming in for ECGXpo on the 18th, try to come in a
day early and hang out with us at Challenge arcade on the 17th.

--
___
Chuck Whitby - Founder

More about : challenge arcade pics

Anonymous
September 9, 2005 7:40:20 AM

Nice! Too bad there weren't more patrons. I wish there was an arcade
with a bunch of classics in the Seattle area. Id buy more but my
little 10x11 game room wont go for it. :)
September 9, 2005 7:40:20 AM

they have a tenth degree, sweet!
play that one for me.

Troy,

"Chuck Whitby" <chuck@toomanygames.com> wrote in message
> I took my digital camera with me tonight when I stopped by Challenge
> Arcade. Took a pile of pictures. I took most with the flash which is why
> the arcade looks so well lit, but trust me, it's traditionally dark. 8*)
>
> http://www.toomanygames.com/images/arcade/
>
> Also took a few pics of some of the high score games played today, they're
> towards the end.
>
> If anyone's planning on coming in for ECGXpo on the 18th, try to come in a
> day early and hang out with us at Challenge arcade on the 17th.
>
> --
> ___
> Chuck Whitby - Founder
> East Coast Gaming Expo
> http://www.ecgxpo.com
> "It's the games"

September 9, 2005 8:18:37 AM

kinetic53@hotmail.com wrote in news:1126239211.900615.214940
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Nice! Too bad there weren't more patrons. I wish there was an arcade
> with a bunch of classics in the Seattle area. Id buy more but my
> little 10x11 game room wont go for it. :)

Heh, Thursday nights aren't usually the busy time. 8*) I'll take some
more pics tomorrow night and over the weekend.

--
___
Chuck Whitby - Founder

not to mention a cocktail baby pac, never seen a pic of one before!
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 11:23:27 AM

And a Humpty Dumpty, the first pin ever with flippers.
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 12:04:22 PM

Cool, a dedicated Pole Position 2, you dont see very many of those. Also, I
see a Euro Tempest in there as well.

Ken.

"Chuck Whitby" <chuck@toomanygames.com> wrote in message
> I took my digital camera with me tonight when I stopped by Challenge
> Arcade. Took a pile of pictures. I took most with the flash which is why
> the arcade looks so well lit, but trust me, it's traditionally dark. 8*)
>
> http://www.toomanygames.com/images/arcade/
>
> Also took a few pics of some of the high score games played today, they're
> towards the end.
>
> If anyone's planning on coming in for ECGXpo on the 18th, try to come in a
> day early and hang out with us at Challenge arcade on the 17th.
>
> --
> ___
> Chuck Whitby - Founder
> East Coast Gaming Expo
> http://www.ecgxpo.com
> "It's the games"

Anonymous
September 9, 2005 12:37:57 PM

I'd be intrested in some tokens/tickets from the arcade. That is if
they use either.

Thanks Steven
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 1:26:38 PM

is that really a baby pac cocktail? that looks like a homebrew game to
me.
anyone else think different? i think it is pic # 3?.

Let me know.

Harry in Montreal
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 2:15:13 PM

Im with you Ken. I love my dedicated PP2. I guess I am in the
minority because I never see them in a commercial setting.
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 7:59:53 PM

Perhaps I missed it, but where is this place? Seems like a mini-Funspot
to me I can visit when I'm out on my travels.
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 8:27:05 PM

"Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in news:D L8Ue.6146$mH.2606@fed1read07:

> they have a tenth degree, sweet!
> play that one for me.
>

> Troy,

It made an appearance at ECGXpo last year, might again this year. But I've
beaten it numerous times. No stories, just a message saying it's a
prototype and to keep looking for more characters and stories coming soon.
8*)

--
___
Chuck Whitby - Founder

"Noice87" <sweetestcocguy@aol.com> wrote in news:1126280277.500183.303770
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I'd be intrested in some tokens/tickets from the arcade. That is if
> they use either.
>
> Thanks Steven

Uses quarters, no tokens. No tickets either. There's a possibility of
redemption stuff in the future though.

--
___
Chuck Whitby - Founder

Matt Renshaw <putacoininit@hotmail.com> wrote in news:ZjiUe.318578
$x96.230744@attbi_s72:

> Perhaps I missed it, but where is this place? Seems like a mini-Funspot
> to me I can visit when I'm out on my travels.

Reading (Wyomissing), PA. It's in the Berkshire Mall, 2nd level (food
court). It's less than 5 minutes from the hotel where East Coast Gaming
Expo is.

--
___
Chuck Whitby - Founder

I saw a skee-ball machine in there is why I wondered about tickets. and
have ssen some challenges arcade tokens. I think there is a chain
called Challenge's.
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 6:32:10 AM

"Harry in Montreal" <mustang4_6@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in

> is that really a baby pac cocktail? that looks like a homebrew game to
> me.
> anyone else think different? i think it is pic # 3?.
>
> Let me know.
>
> Harry in Montreal

Prototype machine. Joe has a lot of really odd and rare stuff (Baby Pac
proto, Tenth Degree (2 of them) and the only Tenth Degree marquee, proto
SegaSonic the Hedgehog, proto Mortal Kombat, etc...).

Today he just bought a Missile Command cabaret off Anthony at QA and we
wheeled it into the 'cade.

Had to put the Tempest monitor from Anthony back in too. Happy to have it
back and working again.

--
___
Chuck Whitby - Founder

That is a regular Baby Pac.Not any different.Looks original in size too.
"Harry in Montreal" <mustang4_6@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
> is that really a baby pac cocktail? that looks like a homebrew game to
> me.
> anyone else think different? i think it is pic # 3?.
>
> Let me know.
>
> Harry in Montreal

September 14, 2005 3:40:34 PM

OOOwww.Your with Ken.I smell love in the air.:) ))
<kinetic53@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Im with you Ken. I love my dedicated PP2. I guess I am in the
> minority because I never see them in a commercial setting.

Anonymous
September 15, 2005 6:44:46 AM

"MARK" <MARKLINE@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote in

> Hey Chucky Cheese.BLOW ME.Your sister did and loved it.Give it a try
> so you can let her know i liked it when she swallowed my cum.:) ,,,,,

That wasn't my sister, it was my brother in a dress. 8*(

--
___
Chuck Whitby - Founder

"MARK" <MARKLINE@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote in news:MR5We.645$H24.80@fe11.lga:

> Ok.But come correct next time because that was really not funny.You
> could have said im a dooshbag or something.By saying it was your
> brother in a dress says you have Transsexuals in your family too.Now
> thats funny.:) )))))))

The brother in a dress comment is an example of a type of insult we use on
IRC, it doesn't really have a name but I'll call it the reverse insult. By
making an embarassing (but incorrect) statement about yourself you continue
the insult on someone else. By saying that was my brother in a dress
continues the insult that you love the cawk.

--
___
Chuck Whitby - Founder

That's an eclectic mix of games, Chuck. Pretty much spans the last 50
years of gaming, I think. The Orbitor 1 pin is an interesting rarity.
And I don't think I've ever seen a Dragon's Lair and Dragon's Lair II
side by side before. Very nice. Do the older machines spend a lot of
time in repair?
September 15, 2005 4:20:31 PM

Probably spend more time in repair then working.Dragons Lair is the worst
game ever made as far as reliability and or fun.
"Corey C." <cooke@jory.ca> wrote in message
> That's an eclectic mix of games, Chuck. Pretty much spans the last 50
> years of gaming, I think. The Orbitor 1 pin is an interesting rarity.
> And I don't think I've ever seen a Dragon's Lair and Dragon's Lair II
> side by side before. Very nice. Do the older machines spend a lot of
> time in repair?

Anonymous
September 15, 2005 8:30:33 PM

"Corey C." <cooke@jory.ca> wrote in news:1126792751.024060.27580
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> That's an eclectic mix of games, Chuck. Pretty much spans the last 50
> years of gaming, I think. The Orbitor 1 pin is an interesting rarity.
> And I don't think I've ever seen a Dragon's Lair and Dragon's Lair II
> side by side before. Very nice. Do the older machines spend a lot of
> time in repair?

Nope, most the games work with little to no repair. Of course here and
there something needs fixing, two monitors went bad in one week - Tempest
and Area 51. Tempest was back up and running in a few days thanks to
Anthony at QuarterArcade.com and I believe a part is still being waited on
for Area 51.

Joe takes pride in making sure everything's 100% operational for everyone
who comes into the arcade, if something's broken it gets fixed as soon as
possible, if two machines are feuding (for some reason Blitz/Showtime
doesn't like being next to DDR) the machines are seperated. 8*)

Only LD problems that I'm aware of so far (this is directed at Mark) was
Space Ace had a monitor problem and was pulled out of the arcade, and Super
Don Quix-ote had a dirty disc, the disc was pulled and cleaned and back in
the machine in a few minutes.

--
___
Chuck Whitby - Founder

Well Chuck then you have been very lucky.I've bought and sold at least
10,000+ games over the past 19 years and found Dragons Lair to be one of the
worst offenders when it comes to reliability.Even the one's I've sold to
private homes.I would finalize the sale and then just wait for the phone to
ring in the next few days and fully expect to hear a message on my answering
machine that would always go something like this.Hey i purchased that game
from you only a few days ago and it's already broken.Come over and fix it as
soon as possible.Those words i have heard so many times that it's one of the
reasons im almost completely out of this business.I just couldn't take
another year of trying to keep up with repairs on around 50-75% of the old
classics i would sell.Even though they were fully checked out and played for
a half hour by the customer before delivery.Too much of a headache for what
you can sell a game for these day's.Better off for people who collect these
old games.At least they get pleasure when the machines break and have to fix
them.I used to eat sleep and live games 7 days a week in the beginning.But
it became a real pain in the butt after so many years.I didn't care so much
back then when i could get 1895.00+ Tax and 100.00 for delivery for a
Galaga.At least then there was room in that price for the aggravation.But
now you can't even get half that price so whats the use.

!