Challenge Arcade Pics

I took my digital camera with me tonight when I stopped by Challenge
Arcade. Took a pile of pictures. I took most with the flash which is why
the arcade looks so well lit, but trust me, it's traditionally dark. 8*)

http://www.toomanygames.com/images/arcade/

Also took a few pics of some of the high score games played today, they're
towards the end.

If anyone's planning on coming in for ECGXpo on the 18th, try to come in a
day early and hang out with us at Challenge arcade on the 17th.

--
___
Chuck Whitby - Founder

    Nice! Too bad there weren't more patrons. I wish there was an arcade
    with a bunch of classics in the Seattle area. Id buy more but my
    little 10x11 game room wont go for it. :)

    they have a tenth degree, sweet!
    play that one for me.

    Troy,

    kinetic53@hotmail.com wrote in news:1126239211.900615.214940
    @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Nice! Too bad there weren't more patrons. I wish there was an arcade
    > with a bunch of classics in the Seattle area. Id buy more but my
    > little 10x11 game room wont go for it. :)

    Heh, Thursday nights aren't usually the busy time. 8*) I'll take some
    more pics tomorrow night and over the weekend.

    --
    ___
    Chuck Whitby - Founder

    not to mention a cocktail baby pac, never seen a pic of one before!

    And a Humpty Dumpty, the first pin ever with flippers.

    Cool, a dedicated Pole Position 2, you dont see very many of those. Also, I
    see a Euro Tempest in there as well.

    Ken.

    "Chuck Whitby" <chuck@toomanygames.com> wrote in message
    > I took my digital camera with me tonight when I stopped by Challenge
    > Arcade. Took a pile of pictures. I took most with the flash which is why
    > the arcade looks so well lit, but trust me, it's traditionally dark. 8*)
    >
    > http://www.toomanygames.com/images/arcade/
    >
    > Also took a few pics of some of the high score games played today, they're
    > towards the end.
    >
    > If anyone's planning on coming in for ECGXpo on the 18th, try to come in a
    > day early and hang out with us at Challenge arcade on the 17th.
    >
    > --
    > ___
    > Chuck Whitby - Founder
    > East Coast Gaming Expo
    > http://www.ecgxpo.com
    > "It's the games"

  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    I'd be intrested in some tokens/tickets from the arcade. That is if
    they use either.

    Thanks Steven
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    is that really a baby pac cocktail? that looks like a homebrew game to
    me.
    anyone else think different? i think it is pic # 3?.

    Let me know.

    Harry in Montreal
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Im with you Ken. I love my dedicated PP2. I guess I am in the
    minority because I never see them in a commercial setting.
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Perhaps I missed it, but where is this place? Seems like a mini-Funspot
    to me I can visit when I'm out on my travels.
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    "Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in news:DL8Ue.6146$mH.2606@fed1read07:

    > they have a tenth degree, sweet!
    > play that one for me.
    >

    > Troy,

    It made an appearance at ECGXpo last year, might again this year. But I've
    beaten it numerous times. No stories, just a message saying it's a
    prototype and to keep looking for more characters and stories coming soon.
    8*)

    --
    ___
    Chuck Whitby - Founder

    "Noice87" <sweetestcocguy@aol.com> wrote in news:1126280277.500183.303770
    @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > I'd be intrested in some tokens/tickets from the arcade. That is if
    > they use either.
    >
    > Thanks Steven

    Uses quarters, no tokens. No tickets either. There's a possibility of
    redemption stuff in the future though.

    --
    ___
    Chuck Whitby - Founder

    Matt Renshaw <putacoininit@hotmail.com> wrote in news:ZjiUe.318578
    $x96.230744@attbi_s72:

    > Perhaps I missed it, but where is this place? Seems like a mini-Funspot
    > to me I can visit when I'm out on my travels.

    Reading (Wyomissing), PA. It's in the Berkshire Mall, 2nd level (food
    court). It's less than 5 minutes from the hotel where East Coast Gaming
    Expo is.

    --
    ___
    Chuck Whitby - Founder

    I saw a skee-ball machine in there is why I wondered about tickets. and
    have ssen some challenges arcade tokens. I think there is a chain
    called Challenge's.
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    "Harry in Montreal" <mustang4_6@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in

    > is that really a baby pac cocktail? that looks like a homebrew game to
    > me.
    > anyone else think different? i think it is pic # 3?.
    >
    > Let me know.
    >
    > Harry in Montreal

    Prototype machine. Joe has a lot of really odd and rare stuff (Baby Pac
    proto, Tenth Degree (2 of them) and the only Tenth Degree marquee, proto
    SegaSonic the Hedgehog, proto Mortal Kombat, etc...).

    Today he just bought a Missile Command cabaret off Anthony at QA and we
    wheeled it into the 'cade.

    Had to put the Tempest monitor from Anthony back in too. Happy to have it
    back and working again.

    --
    ___
    Chuck Whitby - Founder

    That is a regular Baby Pac.Not any different.Looks original in size too.
    "Harry in Montreal" <mustang4_6@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
    > is that really a baby pac cocktail? that looks like a homebrew game to
    > me.
    > anyone else think different? i think it is pic # 3?.
    >
    > Let me know.
    >
    > Harry in Montreal

  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    OOOwww.Your with Ken.I smell love in the air.:)))
    <kinetic53@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Im with you Ken. I love my dedicated PP2. I guess I am in the
    > minority because I never see them in a commercial setting.

  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Wow! That Baby Pac is very cool. Alot more compact than the regular
    Baby pac:

    http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=125&depth=0&picno=11048

    Thanks for the pics!
    Duane
  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    "MARK" <MARKLINE@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote in

    > Hey Chucky Cheese.BLOW ME.Your sister did and loved it.Give it a try
    > so you can let her know i liked it when she swallowed my cum.:),,,,,

    That wasn't my sister, it was my brother in a dress. 8*(

    --
    ___
    Chuck Whitby - Founder

    "MARK" <MARKLINE@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote in news:MR5We.645$H24.80@fe11.lga:

    > Ok.But come correct next time because that was really not funny.You
    > could have said im a dooshbag or something.By saying it was your
    > brother in a dress says you have Transsexuals in your family too.Now
    > thats funny.:))))))))

    The brother in a dress comment is an example of a type of insult we use on
    IRC, it doesn't really have a name but I'll call it the reverse insult. By
    making an embarassing (but incorrect) statement about yourself you continue
    the insult on someone else. By saying that was my brother in a dress
    continues the insult that you love the cawk.

    --
    ___
    Chuck Whitby - Founder

    That's an eclectic mix of games, Chuck. Pretty much spans the last 50
    years of gaming, I think. The Orbitor 1 pin is an interesting rarity.
    And I don't think I've ever seen a Dragon's Lair and Dragon's Lair II
    side by side before. Very nice. Do the older machines spend a lot of
    time in repair?
  22. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Probably spend more time in repair then working.Dragons Lair is the worst
    game ever made as far as reliability and or fun.
    "Corey C." <cooke@jory.ca> wrote in message
    > That's an eclectic mix of games, Chuck. Pretty much spans the last 50
    > years of gaming, I think. The Orbitor 1 pin is an interesting rarity.
    > And I don't think I've ever seen a Dragon's Lair and Dragon's Lair II
    > side by side before. Very nice. Do the older machines spend a lot of
    > time in repair?

  23. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    "Corey C." <cooke@jory.ca> wrote in news:1126792751.024060.27580
    @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

    > That's an eclectic mix of games, Chuck. Pretty much spans the last 50
    > years of gaming, I think. The Orbitor 1 pin is an interesting rarity.
    > And I don't think I've ever seen a Dragon's Lair and Dragon's Lair II
    > side by side before. Very nice. Do the older machines spend a lot of
    > time in repair?

    Nope, most the games work with little to no repair. Of course here and
    there something needs fixing, two monitors went bad in one week - Tempest
    and Area 51. Tempest was back up and running in a few days thanks to
    Anthony at QuarterArcade.com and I believe a part is still being waited on
    for Area 51.

    Joe takes pride in making sure everything's 100% operational for everyone
    who comes into the arcade, if something's broken it gets fixed as soon as
    possible, if two machines are feuding (for some reason Blitz/Showtime
    doesn't like being next to DDR) the machines are seperated. 8*)

    Only LD problems that I'm aware of so far (this is directed at Mark) was
    Space Ace had a monitor problem and was pulled out of the arcade, and Super
    Don Quix-ote had a dirty disc, the disc was pulled and cleaned and back in
    the machine in a few minutes.

    --
    ___
    Chuck Whitby - Founder

    Well Chuck then you have been very lucky.I've bought and sold at least
    10,000+ games over the past 19 years and found Dragons Lair to be one of the
    worst offenders when it comes to reliability.Even the one's I've sold to
    private homes.I would finalize the sale and then just wait for the phone to
    ring in the next few days and fully expect to hear a message on my answering
    machine that would always go something like this.Hey i purchased that game
    from you only a few days ago and it's already broken.Come over and fix it as
    soon as possible.Those words i have heard so many times that it's one of the
    reasons im almost completely out of this business.I just couldn't take
    another year of trying to keep up with repairs on around 50-75% of the old
    classics i would sell.Even though they were fully checked out and played for
    a half hour by the customer before delivery.Too much of a headache for what
    you can sell a game for these day's.Better off for people who collect these
    old games.At least they get pleasure when the machines break and have to fix
    them.I used to eat sleep and live games 7 days a week in the beginning.But
    it became a real pain in the butt after so many years.I didn't care so much
    back then when i could get 1895.00+ Tax and 100.00 for delivery for a
    Galaga.At least then there was room in that price for the aggravation.But
    now you can't even get half that price so whats the use.
    > "Corey C." <cooke@jory.ca> wrote in news:1126792751.024060.27580
    > @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> That's an eclectic mix of games, Chuck. Pretty much spans the last 50
    >> years of gaming, I think. The Orbitor 1 pin is an interesting rarity.
    >> And I don't think I've ever seen a Dragon's Lair and Dragon's Lair II
    >> side by side before. Very nice. Do the older machines spend a lot of
    >> time in repair?
    >>

    > Nope, most the games work with little to no repair. Of course here and
    > there something needs fixing, two monitors went bad in one week - Tempest
    > and Area 51. Tempest was back up and running in a few days thanks to
    > Anthony at QuarterArcade.com and I believe a part is still being waited on
    > for Area 51.
    >
    > Joe takes pride in making sure everything's 100% operational for everyone
    > who comes into the arcade, if something's broken it gets fixed as soon as
    > possible, if two machines are feuding (for some reason Blitz/Showtime
    > doesn't like being next to DDR) the machines are seperated. 8*)
    >
    > Only LD problems that I'm aware of so far (this is directed at Mark) was
    > Space Ace had a monitor problem and was pulled out of the arcade, and
    > Super
    > Don Quix-ote had a dirty disc, the disc was pulled and cleaned and back in
    > the machine in a few minutes.
    >
    > --
    > ___
    > Chuck Whitby - Founder