computer keeps restarting

I have just bought a new computer with microsoft XP home with service pack2
and I find that I can be in the middle of a vet virus scan or on the internet
and my computer just reboots itself. I did receive a few microsoft error
reports which I have sent through, but being a novice I have no idea of what
to do. Thanks for any help.
2 answers Last reply
More about computer restarting

    Disable automatic restart on system failure (on SP2): Press F8 on restart, and see the menu item to disable auto restart. Restart,
    and when the STOP message appears, record information needed for further troubleshooting.

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "madmum_24" <madmum_24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22075143-87DD-4125-838C-21B7D047389F@microsoft.com...
    >I have just bought a new computer with microsoft XP home with service pack2
    > and I find that I can be in the middle of a vet virus scan or on the internet
    > and my computer just reboots itself. I did receive a few microsoft error
    > reports which I have sent through, but being a novice I have no idea of what
    > to do. Thanks for any help.

    thanks

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > Disable automatic restart on system failure (on SP2): Press F8 on restart, and see the menu item to disable auto restart. Restart,
    > and when the STOP message appears, record information needed for further troubleshooting.
    >
    > --
    > Mark L. Ferguson
    > "madmum_24" <madmum_24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22075143-87DD-4125-838C-21B7D047389F@microsoft.com...
    > >I have just bought a new computer with microsoft XP home with service pack2
    > > and I find that I can be in the middle of a vet virus scan or on the internet
    > > and my computer just reboots itself. I did receive a few microsoft error
    > > reports which I have sent through, but being a novice I have no idea of what
    > > to do. Thanks for any help.

Computers Microsoft Windows XP