Sign in with
Your question

I disabled Intel HD 4000 graphics display and the display is gone

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
November 17, 2012 6:29:08 AM

Lenovo ideapad Y580. It has an i7 3610qm processor, 8gb of ram, and a geforce gtx 660m graphics card - as well as a Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics card. I've downloaded a couple games and I going to play Skyrim and it would not recognize my Nvidia card. So I followed some advice on youtube and was told to disable my Intel HD 4000 from the Computer properties and immediately my screen goes black. I restart my computer and everything is black but there is sound. I am panicking right now. How can I fix this? :cry: 

And all of this is ironic because my laptop was unplugged and that was the problem all along. :fou: 
November 17, 2012 6:34:15 AM

KR_811 said:
Lenovo ideapad Y580. It has an i7 3610qm processor, 8gb of ram, and a geforce gtx 660m graphics card - as well as a Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics card. I've downloaded a couple games and I going to play Skyrim and it would not recognize my Nvidia card. So I followed some advice on youtube and was told to disable my Intel HD 4000 from the Computer properties and immediately my screen goes black. I restart my computer and everything is black but there is sound. I am panicking right now. How can I fix this? :cry: 

And all of this is ironic because my laptop was unplugged and that was the problem all along. :fou: 

Never mind I figured it out. I was panicking and frantic. Sorry about that. Lesson learned.
November 17, 2012 9:13:33 AM

But you know that you can select the game from Nvidia control panel and then check GTX 660m for that game so whenever you run that exe, GTX 660m will be used..
Related resources
February 9, 2013 2:56:28 AM

KR_811 said:
Never mind I figured it out. I was panicking and frantic. Sorry about that. Lesson learned.

please tell me how you fixed this i cant figure it out i have a blank screen
February 9, 2013 3:03:28 AM

KR_811 said:

oh my goodness! im really sorry for the reply i didnt see the last part you said, about plugging it in. i feel like an idiot now that i disabled intel graphics. (NEVER AGAIN) i just got this laptop today for my birthday it was $1000. my Step father would have killed me if i didnt see that last part you said. All credit goes to you man! you saved my life
!