Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Nokia 3390

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 7:51:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

Ahhh..this is a great phone. How usefull will it be on the Fido of today? I
believe it is only GSM 1900. Is that all that is needed? How about roaming
on the Rogers extended coverage for Fido? I also have the Seimens A56
phone. Would this be better to take advantage of the extended coverage?

--
* Remove the "e" in my email address to reply privately.

->I'm looking for part-time/casual "CASH" jobs.
->Please email me the details of the job
->and your contact information.

More about : nokia 3390

Anonymous
May 3, 2005 12:32:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

as long as you have roaming on your fido plan it will work.
the phone is rock solid.

I used it for 3yrs before getting a m55 siemens.

"Mason Storm" <publicemailbox@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:Xns9642644474C55mydogfacenippyshawca@24.70.95.211...
> Ahhh..this is a great phone. How usefull will it be on the Fido of today?
> I
> believe it is only GSM 1900. Is that all that is needed? How about roaming
> on the Rogers extended coverage for Fido? I also have the Seimens A56
> phone. Would this be better to take advantage of the extended coverage?
>
> --
> * Remove the "e" in my email address to reply privately.
>
> ->I'm looking for part-time/casual "CASH" jobs.
> ->Please email me the details of the job
> ->and your contact information.
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 12:35:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

just to add to my last msg.
the extended roaming has nothing to do with the phone. it's all on your sim
card/service plan you pay fido.
I'm selling my old nokia 3390 for $20 located in Markham if you want one.
marbillion AT yahoo dot ca if you are interested. it's unlocked so you can
use a rogers sim card if you want as well.

-shawn.

"Mason Storm" <publicemailbox@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:Xns9642644474C55mydogfacenippyshawca@24.70.95.211...
> Ahhh..this is a great phone. How usefull will it be on the Fido of today?
> I
> believe it is only GSM 1900. Is that all that is needed? How about roaming
> on the Rogers extended coverage for Fido? I also have the Seimens A56
> phone. Would this be better to take advantage of the extended coverage?
>
> --
> * Remove the "e" in my email address to reply privately.
>
> ->I'm looking for part-time/casual "CASH" jobs.
> ->Please email me the details of the job
> ->and your contact information.
Related resources
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 5:49:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

monkey cow moon wrote:
> the extended roaming has nothing to do with the phone. it's all on your sim
> card/service plan you pay fido.


yes and no.

the extended coverage maps assume you have an 850-1900 phone. Fido
should publish maps that show Rogers 1900 coverage only as this would be
more realistic for what the vast majority of Fido customers will be
geting wit their Fido phone that doesn't have 850 capability.

So, to take advatage of full Rogers roaming capability, you need a phone
that is 850-1900 capable. So the phone does have something to do with it.

Does Rogers' 1900 network really have a much bigger footprint than
Fido's ?
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 8:04:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

On Tue, 03 May 2005 01:49:42 -0400, JF Mezei wrote:

> monkey cow moon wrote:
>> the extended roaming has nothing to do with the phone. it's all on your
>> sim card/service plan you pay fido.
>
>
> yes and no.
>
> the extended coverage maps assume you have an 850-1900 phone. Fido should
> publish maps that show Rogers 1900 coverage only as this would be more
> realistic for what the vast majority of Fido customers will be geting wit
> their Fido phone that doesn't have 850 capability.
>
> So, to take advatage of full Rogers roaming capability, you need a phone
> that is 850-1900 capable. So the phone does have something to do with it.
>
> Does Rogers' 1900 network really have a much bigger footprint than Fido's
> ?

Yes, VASTLY bigger. I have an 1900 only phone and very rarely have I gone
out of coverage outside of the city. I have a phone capable of 850MHz and
the only place I've ever ended up needing it was a national park in New
Brunswick.

TTYL
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 9:55:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

"monkey cow moon" <marbillionoil@spam.yahoo.ca> wrote:

> I'm selling my old nokia 3390 for $20 located in Markham if you want
> one. marbillion AT yahoo dot ca if you are interested. it's unlocked
> so you can use a rogers sim card if you want as well.

I also have several phones to post for sale. My list to follow. :)  I am in
Edmonton.

--
<+><+><+><+><+><+>
take out the "mail" in my address to reply by email.
!