ricardo

I get the following error on xp pro with all updates.

When I click on Control Panel I receive an error message saying "Windows
Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close." I am offered to
"Please tell Microsoft about this problem" Send or Don't Send

I know of seeing a post asking this same question a few months ago, so
if anyone has a solution . Would be greatly appreciated

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"ricardo" <me@myself.com> wrote in message news:84qwe.60$vv5.1801@nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...
>I get the following error on xp pro with all updates.
>
> When I click on Control Panel I receive an error message saying "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close." I
> am offered to "Please tell Microsoft about this problem" Send or Don't Send
>
> I know of seeing a post asking this same question a few months ago, so if anyone has a solution . Would be greatly appreciated

I have the same problem. I tried what you said, but it doesn't help. It
doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, I also get a pop up about Dr.
Watson Postmortem Debugger.. It says that it has encountered a problem and
needs to close. Sometimes my computer freezes at that point, but if I go
into task manager it says that Control Panel has stopped. I'll stop the
task, and the pc is fine.

Other than that, my pc is working like a charm. :-(

Helen

"Mark L. Ferguson" <marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> FAQ for Windows Antispy
> "ricardo" <me@myself.com> wrote in message
>>I get the following error on xp pro with all updates.
>>
>> When I click on Control Panel I receive an error message saying "Windows
>> Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close." I am offered to
>> "Please tell Microsoft about this problem" Send or Don't Send
>>
>> I know of seeing a post asking this same question a few months ago, so if
>> anyone has a solution . Would be greatly appreciated

It's either a corrupt driver, or a virus/spyware issue. Or, you might try a Repair setup.\
\
875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350 How to
Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Gaga6" <hel3ngaga6hwNOSPAM@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uZs15$LfFHA.1148@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I have the same problem. I tried what you said, but it doesn't help. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, I also get
>a pop up about Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger.. It says that it has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sometimes my
>computer freezes at that point, but if I go into task manager it says that Control Panel has stopped. I'll stop the task, and the
>pc is fine.
>
> Other than that, my pc is working like a charm. :-(
>
> Helen
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" <marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%238Ncw$KfFHA.2840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW
>>
>> --
>> Mark L. Ferguson
>> FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>> "ricardo" <me@myself.com> wrote in message news:84qwe.60$vv5.1801@nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...
>>>I get the following error on xp pro with all updates.
>>>
>>> When I click on Control Panel I receive an error message saying "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close."
>>> I am offered to "Please tell Microsoft about this problem" Send or Don't Send
>>>
>>> I know of seeing a post asking this same question a few months ago, so if anyone has a solution . Would be greatly appreciated

TRENDING THREADS