startup problem with ctrl-alt-delete

Hi: My laptop is getting stuck with the Ctrl-Alt-Delete combination. When I
press the Contrl key I get a beep and nothing else happens. Is there any way
to bypass the Ctrl-Alt-Delete when that popup box appears?

Thanks, Eric
2 answers Last reply
More about startup problem ctrl delete

    Is your PC downloading/installing a Windows Update?

    Someone else had a problem like this earlier today and this is what was
    wrong.

    "eriles" <eriles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi: My laptop is getting stuck with the Ctrl-Alt-Delete combination. When
    > press the Control key I get a beep and nothing else happens. Is there any
    > way
    > to bypass the Ctrl-Alt-Delete when that popup box appears?
    >
    > Thanks, Eric

    Michael, thanks for the quick response. I think the problem is with the
    laptop's keyboard. I plugged in my desktop keyboard and had no problems at
    all...

    Thanks, Eric

    "Michael T" wrote:

    > Is your PC downloading/installing a Windows Update?
    >
    > Someone else had a problem like this earlier today and this is what was
    > wrong.
    >
    > "eriles" <eriles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi: My laptop is getting stuck with the Ctrl-Alt-Delete combination. When
    > > press the Control key I get a beep and nothing else happens. Is there any
    > > way
    > > to bypass the Ctrl-Alt-Delete when that popup box appears?
    > >
    > > Thanks, Eric

Support Microsoft Windows XP