startup problem with ctrl-alt-delete

June 29, 2005 3:13:01 AM

Hi: My laptop is getting stuck with the Ctrl-Alt-Delete combination. When I
press the Contrl key I get a beep and nothing else happens. Is there any way
to bypass the Ctrl-Alt-Delete when that popup box appears?

Thanks, Eric
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 3:35:29 AM

Is your PC downloading/installing a Windows Update?

Someone else had a problem like this earlier today and this is what was
wrong.

"eriles" <eriles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi: My laptop is getting stuck with the Ctrl-Alt-Delete combination. When
> press the Control key I get a beep and nothing else happens. Is there any
> way
> to bypass the Ctrl-Alt-Delete when that popup box appears?
>
> Thanks, Eric
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 4:07:01 AM

Michael, thanks for the quick response. I think the problem is with the
laptop's keyboard. I plugged in my desktop keyboard and had no problems at
all...

Thanks, Eric

!