Windows Update Catalog

June 29, 2005 1:28:09 PM

I'm having trouble accessing the Windows Update Catalog.

I click on 'Use administrator options' in Windows Update then click on the
Windows Update Catalog link. I'm then taken to a page telling me how to log
on as Administrator. Problem is I'm already logged in as an Administrator!

Cn anyone tell me how I can access Windows Update Catalog please

Thanks

More about : windows update catalog

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 8:05:58 PM

Catalog
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/defaul...

"Administrators only" error message when you attempt to use the Windows
Update site:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316524

"Administrators Only" Error Message When You Try to Use the Windows Update
Web Site with Windows 2000:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324513

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...

"Paul" <stryda1@telefonica.net> wrote in message
> I'm having trouble accessing the Windows Update Catalog.
>
> I click on 'Use administrator options' in Windows Update then click on the
> Windows Update Catalog link. I'm then taken to a page telling me how to
> log
> on as Administrator. Problem is I'm already logged in as an Administrator!
>
> Cn anyone tell me how I can access Windows Update Catalog please
>
> Thanks

June 29, 2005 8:05:59 PM

Hi

Thanks for this, I've tried it but still having the same problem

Any other ideas?

> Catalog
> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/defaul...
>
> "Administrators only" error message when you attempt to use the Windows
> Update site:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316524
>
> "Administrators Only" Error Message When You Try to Use the Windows Update
> Web Site with Windows 2000:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324513
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...
>

> "Paul" <stryda1@telefonica.net> wrote in message
>> I'm having trouble accessing the Windows Update Catalog.
>>
>> I click on 'Use administrator options' in Windows Update then click on
>> the
>> Windows Update Catalog link. I'm then taken to a page telling me how to
>> log
>> on as Administrator. Problem is I'm already logged in as an
>> Administrator!
>>
>> Cn anyone tell me how I can access Windows Update Catalog please
>>
>> Thanks

June 29, 2005 9:19:48 PM

Try here:

When trying to use the Windows Update Web site you receive an
"Administrators Only" error message (Windows XP only)
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/

--

> Hi
>
> Thanks for this, I've tried it but still having the same problem
>
> Any other ideas?
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Catalog
>> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/defaul...
>>
>> "Administrators only" error message when you attempt to use the Windows
>> Update site:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316524
>>
>> "Administrators Only" Error Message When You Try to Use the Windows
>> Update Web Site with Windows 2000:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324513
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>
>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...
>>

>> "Paul" <stryda1@telefonica.net> wrote in message
>>> I'm having trouble accessing the Windows Update Catalog.
>>>
>>> I click on 'Use administrator options' in Windows Update then click on
>>> the
>>> Windows Update Catalog link. I'm then taken to a page telling me how to
>>> log
>>> on as Administrator. Problem is I'm already logged in as an
>>> Administrator!
>>>
>>> Cn anyone tell me how I can access Windows Update Catalog please
>>>
>>> Thanks

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 9:23:00 PM

Are you using a Proxy server / accessing the WU from LAN ?

--

> Try here:
>
> When trying to use the Windows Update Web site you receive an
> "Administrators Only" error message (Windows XP only)
> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...
>

> "Paul" <stryda1@telefonica.net> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> Thanks for this, I've tried it but still having the same problem
>>
>> Any other ideas?
>>

>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Catalog
>>> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/defaul...
>>>
>>> "Administrators only" error message when you attempt to use the Windows
>>> Update site:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316524
>>>
>>> "Administrators Only" Error Message When You Try to Use the Windows
>>> Update Web Site with Windows 2000:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324513
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>>> Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>
>>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...
>>>

>>> "Paul" <stryda1@telefonica.net> wrote in message

June 29, 2005 9:23:01 PM

Normal Windows update works its just trying to access the catalog thats the
problem. I'm not using a proxy or acessing via a LAN

> Are you using a Proxy server / accessing the WU from LAN ?
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Try here:
>>
>> When trying to use the Windows Update Web site you receive an
>> "Administrators Only" error message (Windows XP only)
>> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>
>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...
>>

>> "Paul" <stryda1@telefonica.net> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Thanks for this, I've tried it but still having the same problem
>>>
>>> Any other ideas?
>>>

>>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 10:49:41 PM

Paul,

Try adding the following URLs to the Trusted Zone in Internet Explorer

http://*.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
https://*.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
http://download.windowsupdate.com

Additional information - from a previous post:

Enable "Use http 1.1 through proxy connections" IE Browser..

.. Open your Internet Explorer browser
.. Choose Tools, Internet Options
.. Under the Advance tab, select the Settings button
.. Under the HTTP 1.1 settings
.. Choose Enable "Use http 1.1 through Proxy connections"
.. Click Ok

--

!