Where can I get a mobility 9800.

ICS4S

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2005
I have an XPS gen 1 with the 9700 mobility card. I recently decided I need to upgrade and cant seem to find it on Dell's site any more. Anywhere else you can get one of these?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
ebay? It's probably a specific Dell daughter card for that notebook.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

It's probably a specific Dell daughter card for that notebook.
Yep, when they first came out everyone was talking about how the Dell, Alienware and Voodoo systems were different, thus there would be no 'universal' upgrade card like everyone had hoped.

Axiom an MXM were supposed to change that but I doubt that's the case either considering there was the 'optional' universal interfaces and 'optional' mfr-specific interface options. Which do we think the MFRs decided to go with. :wink:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internët account)</i> ! - <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com/" target="_new"><font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil: