  • Support
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
June 29, 2005 5:26:03 AM

When trying to click logoff, the XP will always prompt to restart in 1 minute
because Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service is terminated unexpectedly.
The message also say the shutdown was initialed by NT Authority / System.

Any ideas ?

More about : reboot logoff

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 7:57:39 PM

Is your system firewalled? Usually, worms cause this shutdown timer.

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...

"magwg" <magwg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When trying to click logoff, the XP will always prompt to restart in 1
> minute
> because Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service is terminated unexpectedly.
> The message also say the shutdown was initialed by NT Authority / System.
>
> Any ideas ?
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 10:00:01 PM

Hi Ramesh,

Yes, my system is connected to company network.
BTW, I already scan through the notebook but there is no virus found.
Anyway to tackle the issue ?

Thanks in advance.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Is your system firewalled? Usually, worms cause this shutdown timer.
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...
>

> "magwg" <magwg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When trying to click logoff, the XP will always prompt to restart in 1
> > minute
> > because Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service is terminated unexpectedly.
> > The message also say the shutdown was initialed by NT Authority / System.
> >
> > Any ideas ?

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 2:46:25 PM

Hi magwg,

For example: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826955

I don't think of any other reason why the RPC Service should terminate. See
if your network admin can help in this matter.

--

!